Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher - 17th Febuary O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Ah yeah, I know! I just meant like, compared to the HFB's stuff that we've been waiting to hear!

I'm so excited it's ridiculous!

TBH I'm not that excited about the HFB stuff. It's great live but you can't beat the thrill of Oasis tunes :p.
    Noel confirmed for the Late Late this Friday after the gig

Unreal! I'll be recording that. Let's hope Tubs is better than the time PK interviewed LG, I doubt it though....
    SB-08 wrote: »
    Delighted he added in Whatever - one of my all time faves but getting rid of Wonderwall? That would've been fine in the theaters which would be mainly die hard fans but this is a big arena tour and the vast majority will want to hear Wonderwall above most songs. I'm not one of them as I've heard it live loads of times but I think it's the wrong decision to not play the likes of Wonderwall and The Masterplan, yet play fillers like Mucky Fingers. I don't get why he is replacing tracks, when he should be adding a couple to the setlists from the theaters since this is an arenas tour , therfor should be 2 hours. I also reckon he should open with a new track such as Everybody On The Run instead of It's Good To Be Free. The entire encore consists of Oasis songs so is there really a need to open with one too?

Ah, I'd prefer to hear Mucky Fingers anyday of the week over Wonderwall. It was first song at the Olympia and I totally did not expect it. Wonderwall has been done timeless times.

I'd prefer to hear obscure tunes and wait for Wonderwall when LG is back on vocals for the 2015 tour...... ;):D

Also, Ng is a cúnt for not changing set lists. The man is a legend but he's a money grabber, something I guess I respect him for - thankfully he's not like that Axel Rose fella who apparently played the o2 for a few minutes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Is anyone heading to the after party? Should be a bit of craic!

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Let's hope Tubs is better than the time PK interviewed LG, I doubt it though....

Tubs is a terrible interviewer, you can guarantee he will be sorta picky talking to Noel about Liam, he did the same to Brian McFadden.

Kenny's grand, I always enjoyed his interviews.
    I'd prefer to hear obscure tunes and wait for Wonderwall when LG is back on vocals for the 2015 tour...... ;):D

That is assuming Oasis do get back together to celebrate WTSMG in 2015, Noel's stance is that it won't happen.
    Also, Ng is a cúnt for not changing set lists. The man is a legend but he's a money grabber, something I guess I respect him for - thankfully he's not like that Axel Rose fella who apparently played the o2 for a few minutes?!

Axel was actually booed off the stage by the haters up front who were throwing things at him.

And yes Noel is a money hungry bastard, something we can very much respect him for. Most celebrities who are as wealthy as him are like that anyway;)

karaokeman wrote: »
    Tubs is a terrible interviewer, you can guarantee he will be sorta picky talking to Noel about Liam, he did the same to Brian McFadden.

That is assuming Oasis do get back together to celebrate WTSMG in 2015, Noel's stance is that it won't happen.

Axel was actually booed off the stage by the haters up front who were throwing things at him.

And yes Noel is a money hungry bastard, something we can very much respect him for. Most celebrities who are as wealthy as him are like that anyway;)

I think Tubs is a tiny bit better than PK. PK is more politics and current affairs, Tubs is a lil more tuned in.

I assume the interview will be like this
    80% on the Oasis break up
    5% on his Irish background which we all already know
    5% on HFB
    5% on Man City
    5% Noel does a song, probably gonna be If I had a Gun

Has anyone ever seen the 1996 interview of NG with Gay Byrne?

I fcuking hate that old fart but that is probably my fav Noel interview. It kind of reminds me of a sinner coming into mass or something and Gay is the wise old, non judging (not his usual style) priest. They shoot the breeze and then NG does an amazing, soulful version of Live Forever.

Then Gay comes out and puts his hand on his shoulder like he's 'passed forgiveness' over NG. I think he even gets him to do another song "oh, oh we have time for one more". That interview will never be beaten, shows us a side of Noel we don't usually see. And I presume he's out of it as well (he does the LG nose rub alot). Only Gay would bring that out of him. Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone know what time NG will be on/off stage at?

Not bothered seeing the support act.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

'I fcuking hate that old fart'...

...'Only Gay would bring that out of him. Legend'.

Well, which one is it? :D

Going back to stage time. I presume they'll be off bang on 22:30 if Noel is doing a Late Late interview after? Have him on last, programme ends 23:35 I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Regarding Noeler being on the LLS. His performance will be pre-recorded earlier on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

When do you think noel gallagher will be on stage? I don't really fancy the support band/my poor legs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

thebison wrote: »
    Anyone know what time NG will be on/off stage at?

Not bothered seeing the support act.

Thanks in advance!

Roughly 9.00pm - 10.30pm judging by the Manchester gig

• Advertisement

Nunu wrote: »

Going back to stage time. I presume they'll be off bang on 22:30 if Noel is doing a Late Late interview after? Have him on last, programme ends 23:35 I think?

Haha ok ok that was the one time he was a legend!

Nunu wrote: »

Please God Noel will be the lat guest on, if so I might just make it home in time for the full interview.

I know you can always record it via Sky + but its never the same as watching live.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I fcuking hate that old fart but that is probably my fav Noel interview. It kind of reminds me of a sinner coming into mass or something and Gay is the wise old, non judging (not his usual style) priest. They shoot the breeze and then NG does an amazing, soulful version of Live Forever.

Then Gay comes out and puts his hand on his shoulder like he's 'passed forgiveness' over NG. I think he even gets him to do another song "oh, oh we have time for one more". That interview will never be beaten, shows us a side of Noel we don't usually see. And I presume he's out of it as well (he does the LG nose rub alot). Only Gay would bring that out of him. Legend.

Is everyone wearing their Liamy G parkas and Beady Eye t shirts tommorrow yeah?!

Nah, I'm wearing my Blur t-shirt

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Nah, I'm wearing my Blur t-shirt

Niiiice. Think I'll sport the 2004 LG Glastonbury white fur coat :D!

liam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Trying to shift some standing & seated tickets on toutless >.<

Looking forward to tomorrow's gig now, Noel playing away here in work hail3an.gif

Where's everyone going before the gig for a few swills>?

Trying to shift some standing & seated tickets on toutless >.<

Looking forward to tomorrow's gig now, Noel playing away here in work hail3an.gif

Where's everyone going before the gig for a few swills>?

Is there any Official Boards After Party?? Don't know about before, but I guess I'll head wherever DJ Paul Gallagher :rolleyes: is playing....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Is there any Official Boards After Party?? Don't know about before, but I guess I'll head wherever DJ Paul Gallagher :rolleyes: is playing....

Is his gig not tickets only?
    Couldn't really be bothered with him tbh....is he anyuse?

Yeah maybe a boards meet before/after the gig is an idea?

gallagher_dragged.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^^^
    Admission €8 but tickets are €10 each online so presumably you can pay in at the door. Don't think I'll bother with it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 highflyingturd

Does anybody have an idea where the best place to meet Noel Gallagher hoping to get some stuff signed and a picture?
    Anyone know what hotel he is staying at or what the story with the late late show is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Is everyone wearing their Liamy G parkas and Beady Eye t shirts tommorrow yeah?!

Pretty Green :D

Does anybody have an idea where the best place to meet Noel Gallagher hoping to get some stuff signed and a picture?
    Anyone know what hotel he is staying at or what the story with the late late show is?

Haven't a clue. Think he stayed in the Four Seasons during the Olympia gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 highflyingturd

I read somewhere that he stayed in the Merrion.
    Wouldnt mind getting some stuff signed

I read somewhere that he stayed in the Merrion.
    Wouldnt mind getting some stuff signed

Neither would I, he didn't sign anything at the Olympia so I don't know if I'll bother this time.
    Yeah maybe a boards meet before/after the gig is an idea?

Before would be a good idea, I have some free time on my hand before the gig, where is the closest bar to the O2?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Neither would I, he didn't sign anything at the Olympia so I don't know if I'll bother this time.

Before would be a good idea, I have some free time on my hand before the gig, where is the closest bar to the O2?

O Reillys?????? Under Tara St station

http://oreillys.ie/home.html

where is the closest bar to the O2?
    Harry's Bar right outside.

The Stones and Noel Gallagher are playing at the same festival in Germany the week before the Manchester gigs. Rehearsals? :D

http://www.southside.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

O Reillys?????? Under Tara St station

http://oreillys.ie/home.html

Think Ill be in O Reillys from about 6:30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Boards meet-up ftw! I can do before and after the gig. What's the best spot?

Advertisement