Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher - 17th Febuary O2 Dublin

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Give me Noel live any day over Liam whining his way through songbird and calling the crowd '*****'. Cider tramp is what suits him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Temaz wrote: »
    Give me Noel live any day over Liam whining his way through songbird and calling the crowd '*****'. Cider tramp is what suits him at this stage.

"Sun Ssssssssssssssssssssshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Temaz wrote: »

I'd prefer to be bottled over the head by LG than listening to Noel tell the same Man City story he's been telling since October!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Can't really remember... Something about calling the trumpet player Stewart which as Noel explained, isn't his name at all??

Anyway, it was a flop. It was a unfunny joke being told for the second night in a row (that we know of, it could be more). Pretty lame tbh.

I prefer being told by Liam (as he shouts down the mic) that we're all cúnts then listening to NG recite unfunny, pre-rehearsed jokes.

The joke was not a flop as evidenced by the numerous chants of Stewart! Stewart! Stewart! during the course of the gig.

Your a Liam fan, its ok you know, you can like both! I will also point out that you were not and never will be forced to attend a Noel Gallagher concert! You don't like it, dont pay the money. Simple really

Thought the gig was great, first time I'd seen the man live in a long long time, got pretty close to the front, thought it was a pretty relaxed gig all round actually. Bit of bother but much calmer then an Oasis gig for example.

What bugged me most was this ****in idiot next to me who spent the entire show taking photographs, im not joking, every single song, he watched it through his camera!

I dunno, must be a younger person thing? I may have 2 or 3 photos of the gig from the start maybe, but when I'm at a gig I actually wanna experience it so the camera is the last thing on my mind!

He wasnt the only one like..... Really thought the mix of songs was very good, I really like his solo album so was belting my heart and soul out to them just as much as the older ones and from where I was in the crowd everyone around me was pretty much the same!

The set list is excellent for this tour I feel, The Masterplan would be a nice addition and I'm sure it will be in the future, Whatever was brilliant!

Supersonic sounded excellent, Everybodys on the Run, Dream On etc every song was brilliant for me.

The sound in the o2 is very good in fairness to them, any time I have been there its been spot on. Just a word on the atmosphere, it was electric at the front, and for those used to going to smaller shows or more lively acts, of course its not going to be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

kryogen wrote: »
    The joke was not a flop as evidenced by the numerous chants of Stewart! Stewart! Stewart! during the course of the gig.

Technically you are right, and I did laugh and chant at the time but, if I had know that he used the same joke for the second night in a row I wouldn't have been chanting and laughing.

I don't understand it, NG doesn't need to re-use jokes or one liners at gigs, the crowd are gonna cheer no matter what he says. I felt like he cheated on me by re telling the same joke he told fans the previous night!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I don't understand it, NG doesn't need to re-use jokes or one liners at gigs, the crowd are gonna cheer no matter what he says. I felt like he cheated on me by re telling the same joke he told fans the previous night!! :)

You didn’t pay to see a comedian. Granted he’s known for being one of the wittiest musicians / celebs out there, but in terms of the bigger picture here, who’s gives a cr*p, we all went for the music didn’t we?
    Besides, maybe it was more of a private, running gag for the benefit of the band, not the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Technically you are right, and I did laugh and chant at the time but, if I had know that he used the same joke for the second night in a row I wouldn't have been chanting and laughing.

15418563.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

D-FENS wrote: »
    You didn’t pay to see a comedian. Granted he’s known for being one of the wittiest musicians / celebs out there, but in terms of the bigger picture here, who’s gives a cr*p, we all went for the music didn’t we?
    Besides, maybe it was more of a private, running gag for the benefit of the band, not the audience.

Dead right. You went to see a Musician and got a great show. Don't analyse it so much. Most front men talk ****e. Liam G, Bono, Chris Martin.... to name but a few. It was a top performance from Noel, band and backing choir. Hard to pick a favourite but Whatever was different class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just back from Noel's gig here in Barcelona. Absolutely epic.

Every song was just mental.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Noel Gallagher reportedly wants to bring his sons on a trip to Ireland so they can "throw stuff at cows".

According to The Sun, Gallagher is planning a trip to visit his grandmother in County Mayo, Ireland to bond with his sons Sonny and Donovan in an unusual way.

He said:
    At my grandma's in Mayo we'd run around throwing stuff at cows. See, we don't get cows in Manchester, so if you see one you just throw stuff at them. I'm looking forward to bringing my sons over so they can throw stuff at cows as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

tumblr_lhmj16UPb81qha84jo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Noel Gallagher reportedly wants to bring his sons on a trip to Ireland so they can "throw stuff at cows".

According to The Sun, Gallagher is planning a trip to visit his grandmother in County Mayo, Ireland to bond with his sons Sonny and Donovan in an unusual way.

He said:

Unless that is quoting him from the Graham Norton Show, that is another example of him repeating himself. I used to find him very entertaining in interviews but when the majority of what he says is regurgitated its not so interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

kc66 wrote: »
    Unless that is quoting him from the Graham Norton Show, that is another example of him repeating himself. I used to find him very entertaining in interviews but when the majority of what he says is regurgitated its not so interesting.

It was from the Late Late interview wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

nm wrote: »
    It was from the Late Late interview wasn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was from both. I think kc66 is spot on - this repeating stuff he's doing is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

You do realise that if a musician/actor/celebrity has a quotable story in any interview that those same quotes are recycled over many other websites/newspapers etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

If you are watching programs like Graham bloody Norton and reading proven sh*trags like The Sun, then it serves you right IMHO. All artists rehash all stories on all TV shows across the globe.

In other news, NGHFB confirmed for the legendary Montreux Jazz Festival in July :eek:
    http://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/2012/en

Good man Noel, mixing it with the very best of 'em :cool:

Fago123 wrote: »
    You do realise that if a musician/actor/celebrity has a quotable story in any interview that those same quotes are recycled over many other websites/newspapers etc?

These were all on separate occasions.
    Savman wrote: »
    If you are watching programs like Graham bloody Norton and reading proven sh*trags like The Sun, then it serves you right IMHO. All artists rehash all stories on all TV shows across the globe.

It serves me right? Lol. I bow to your greatness. :rolleyes:

I am a big fan of Noel Gallaghers and as mentioned was always enjoyed his interviews. Have followed him since I first saw Oasis in 95. But my point is I have never heard him repeat himself as much as I have recently. I know theres only so many funny stories he has to tell, but these aren't exactly Billy Connolly jokes he is repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

kc66 wrote: »
    These were all on separate occasions.

Even if they were (the Irish/cow/field story has been running since the late late show), the interviewers are asking the same questions - "why did you decide to get back in saddle with this solo album", "is it different recording the album as a solo artist", "tell us about the making of the album", "tell us about how you felt having a number 1 album" etc etc.

I'd imagine some interviewers are now asking him about the Irish/cow/field story because it's been picked up by lots of sources. Hence all the recycling.

Advertisement