Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher - 17th Febuary O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Watched on Radio 2"

............does not compute...... :(;)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    "Watched on Radio 2"

............does not compute...... :(;)

Welcome to the 21st century dude, I think you'll like it here :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just got a ticket on Ticketmaster :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just got a ticket on Ticketmaster :D:D

I thought this was sold out?

karaokeman wrote: »

So did I . I just did it for fun to see if i could get a ticket because ive tried a few times over the last week but today was my lucky day:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Extra tickets always get released due to various reasons, just checked there.There's standing available at the moment.

So did I . I just did it for fun to see if i could get a ticket because ive tried a few times over the last week but today was my lucky day:D

Good for you FuriousRed.

Tempted to get another ticket myself at this moment in time as I am still uncertain whether or not I can trust seetickets.

From the looks of things, most people seem to say they are genuine so I will take a chance and trust this company who I have never once used for booking a gig.

Ah you will be ok with Seetickets since they are a real company

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I am surprised he hasn't added a second date yet. Maybe he has something lined up for next summer so is holding back? Supporting The Stone Roses at Slane or performing at Oxygen perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

A second date wouldnt sell well

• Advertisement

I actually really can't wait for this gig.

Still jealous of anyone here who saw the Olympia show but I am hoping that Noel will keep his current setlist. Seen some of the recent ones and its more or less the same, barr a few exceptions like Don't Look Back In Anger finishing up the show instead of Little by Little but otherwise its good.

I've never seen Noel Gallagher live but the current setlist has most of the songs I want to be able to say I've heard them played live by him. If any changes should be made, I reckon Stop The Clocks should be added but otherwise I'm hoping the setlist doesn't change.

The setlist in Dublin and the following week when I saw him in London was exactly the same, only DLBIA was solo acoustic in Dublin and with the full band electric in London.

I'd say he'll definitely make a couple of changes for the arena gigs, which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

nm wrote: »
    The setlist in Dublin and the following week when I saw him in London was exactly the same, only DLBIA was solo acoustic in Dublin and with the full band electric in London.

I'd say he'll definitely make a couple of changes for the arena gigs, which is a good thing.

A Simple Game of Genius should be added, brilliant song that deserved a proper place on the album, not just a bonus track for itunes buyers

Liam Gallagher has furthered his dispute with his brother Noel after he described his new band The High Flying Birds as boring and lacking ‘balls’.

The Mancunian, who is now fronting his own band Beady Eye following the split of Oasis in 2009, did admit he was pleased to see that the British public had taken to his brother’s new sounds, but went on to say that he wasn’t a fan and that the music was ‘too boring’.

Liam told the Telegraph: “The album’s all right. I'm glad that people like it, man. He's got good songs. No balls, though. No attitude. Everyone knows what Noel Gallagher can do, and it's great, but it's boring. I've heard it all before.”

The claims could be a hint of jealousy from Liam, especially after his own band’s album managed to hit just #3, while Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Bird’s eponymous debut effort topped the charts – but according to Liam, being #1 isn’t all that.

“Being #1 is not all it's cracked up to be. ‘The Birdy Song' was #1. I'd much rather be #3. You've got somewhere to go then.”

Can anyone say sore loser?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Liam Gallagher has furthered his dispute with his brother Noel after he described his new band The High Flying Birds as boring and lacking ‘balls’.

The Mancunian, who is now fronting his own band Beady Eye following the split of Oasis in 2009, did admit he was pleased to see that the British public had taken to his brother’s new sounds, but went on to say that he wasn’t a fan and that the music was ‘too boring’.

Liam told the Telegraph: “The album’s all right. I'm glad that people like it, man. He's got good songs. No balls, though. No attitude. Everyone knows what Noel Gallagher can do, and it's great, but it's boring. I've heard it all before.”

The claims could be a hint of jealousy from Liam, especially after his own band’s album managed to hit just #3, while Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Bird’s eponymous debut effort topped the charts – but according to Liam, being #1 isn’t all that.

“Being #1 is not all it's cracked up to be. ‘The Birdy Song' was #1. I'd much rather be #3. You've got somewhere to go then.”

Can anyone say sore loser?

as much as i like Noel and I can't wait for the gig in Feb, but Liam does have a point there

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Liam Gallagher ".....it's boring. I've heard it all before.”

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I went to see the high flying birds in dublin and I do have to say it was one of the best gigs ever!
    I didnt look for a ticket for the o2 because i wanted more people experience what i did.
    pure class well done to every one who got a ticket.
    Does any one else think that noels album is brilliant?? I had a good listen when the album came out and taught very good but left it a while and i'm after taking it out again and man its fu#king one of the best album ever!

I went to see the high flying birds in dublin and I do have to say it was one of the best gigs ever!
    I didnt look for a ticket for the o2 because i wanted more people experience what i did.
    pure class well done to every one who got a ticket.
    Does any one else think that noels album is brilliant?? I had a good listen when the album came out and taught very good but left it a while and i'm after taking it out again and man its fu#king one of the best album ever!

Sure Noel's mum loves it.

Peggy apparently has ranked her son up there with Bowie and McCartney now that he made such a great album.

It will unquestionably be one of the classics of our time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Sure Noel's mum loves it.

Peggy apparently has ranked her son up there with Bowie and McCartney now that he made such a great album.

It will unquestionably be one of the classics of our time.

My Mam told me she loved a picture I drew in 2nd class. Doesn't mean I'm up there with Vincent van fúcking Gogh.

baz2009 wrote: »
    My Mam told me she loved a picture I drew in 2nd class. Doesn't mean I'm up there with Vincent van fúcking Gogh.

There is a difference there. Noel is a professional musician and unless you're a professional artist she's only telling you this to make you feel good. And in 2nd class you're obviously only a beginner at drawing so anyone would tell you a picture was good just to make you feel like your work is appreciated. Noel is 44 so at that age people would be genuine when they compliment his music.

Another thing is your mum didn't rank you with Vincent Van Gough or Leonardo da Vinci, Peggy actually claimed that Noel Gallagher is as talented as legends like David Bowie and Paul McCartney.

I dount Peggy would make that comment unless she meant it. You can tell because there have been no press releases about her saying the same of Beady Eye's album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

In fairness the Noel stuff is far, far superior to any Beady Eye offerings, so this comes across as very sour grapes from 'our kid'. No surprise there then...

Today more dates have been added to Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' 2012 tour schedule due to very high demand for tickets to see the band play live across the UK and Ireland in 2012.

Noel Gallagher has confirmed new shows in Aberdeen & Sheffield for the February 2012 tour along with a summer show at Edinburgh Castle in July. The ex-Oasis star will then return to the UK road in September for four more shows.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds UK & Ireland 2012 Tour Dates are as follows:

February 2012

13th February 2012 - MANCHESTER MEN Arena
    14th February 2012 – ABERDEEN AECC – NEW DATE
    16th February 2012 - BELFAST Odyssey Arena
    17th February 2012 - DUBLIN The O2
    19th February 2012 – SHEFFIELD Motorpoint Arena – NEW DATE
    23rd February 2012 - NEWCASTLE Metro Radio Arena
    24th February 2012 - GLASGOW SECC
    26th February 2012 - LONDON O2 Arena

March 2012

1st March 2012 - BIRMINGHAM NIA

July 2012

17th July 2012 – EDINBURGH Edinburgh Castle – NEW DATE

September 2012

4th Sept 2012 – BOURNEMOUTH BIC – NEW DATE
    6th Sept 2012 – LIVERPOOL Echo Arena – NEW DATE
    9th Sept 2012 – CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena – NEW DATE
    10th Sept 2012 – NOTTINGHAM Capital FM Arena – NEW DATE

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I love the new album - have CD playing in my car morning, noon and night - I think it's one of the best albums of the year. I didn't bother with Beady Eyes - I loved Oasis as a band - but Liam always annoyed me with that "attitude" as to me, he's always acting like a yobbo. But it's getting to the stage where I would put Noel up there with Lennon/McCartney as a songwriter - I mean early Beatles was all "love, love me do" - really basic wording, yes they improved over time and songs became stories - but give Noel a bit of credit because he's less of a thug than his brother and a much more talented singer/songwriter/musician :D

Nonsense

karaokeman - did you really think baz2009 was speaking literally? :confused:

And I don't know where you picked that tidbit up but Peggy Gallagher doesn't do ****ing press releases nor is she a music critic

Get a grip man :rolleyes:

Extra tickets for Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds Belfast date have been released and are going on sale this Friday at 9am!

Extra tickets for Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds Belfast date have been released and are going on sale this Friday at 9am!

Might get a ticket for this show too if my cousin's still up for it.

Part of me wants to go because I've never been to the Odyssey arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LOL @ karaokeman.

"Noel's mam loves it"

Haha, great quote. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

There are still standing tickets available through seetickets right now,

http://new.seetickets.com/Event/NOEL-GALLAGHER-S-HIGH-FLYING-BIRDS/Odyssey-Arena/597788/?aff=artistti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Got my tickets today from Ticketmaster!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

unkymo wrote: »
    Got my tickets today from Ticketmaster!

Got mine too :D

Advertisement