Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dashboard & headset query

• 23-10-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Mate has a new xbox slim with the Liteon drive that can be flashed. He was going to use it on XBL before he flashes it and wondered will XBL update the dashboard automaticly to the point where the drive cannot be flashed anymore

Second question: We had his slim xbox and my fat white xbox system linked and playing halo reach "fordge map". We were both using turtle beach 11's and had all cables/settings etc where correct. Mike symbol flashed up on screen when either person talked but nothing comes through the headset. Would different dashboard on each box make a difference.

IF so whats the max in dashboard board you can go before you can no longer flash the slim liteon drive.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

cubix wrote: »
    Mate has a new xbox slim with the Liteon drive that can be flashed. He was going to use it on XBL before he flashes it and wondered will XBL update the dashboard automaticly to the point where the drive cannot be flashed anymore

It depends on if the chip is lockable or not. MXIC chips should be fine, Winbond chips aren't and a dashboard update may lock the IC.
    Second question: We had his slim xbox and my fat white xbox system linked and playing halo reach "fordge map". We were both using turtle beach 11's and had all cables/settings etc where correct. Mike symbol flashed up on screen when either person talked but nothing comes through the headset. Would different dashboard on each box make a difference.

IF so whats the max in dashboard board you can go before you can no longer flash the slim liteon drive.

Thanks

Shouldn't have made a difference, no. There's something else going on there. There is no max dashboard unless you have a drive with a lockable flash chip (IC), an update might lock the chip and then you'll have to either replace the chip or the DVD drive logic board. Even so, as you can see, this isn't like the JTAG, drives are currently flashable right up to the latest 13604 dash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Grand job,will crack open the slim drive and see what chip it has. On a seperate note I asked in another post regarding flashing a slim & fat drive via the laptop. IT would seems that the X360USB Pro is an optoin, and I right in saying any power supply that has a molex connector would do to power the dvd drive. As i have an old external HDD case that I could use. Is there any other hardware I need

Read the thread justryan linked you to in your flashing thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Great stuff, will do. With regards to the headset issue can anyone confirm if its normal just to hear your oppent when they are up close in halo reach or should you be able to taunt them in the match no matter where they are.
    As mentioned ealier both xboxs are system linked, but this is done with an ethernat cable and connected through a router. Would I need to open any ports for this?

Thanks

cubix wrote: »
    Great stuff, will do. With regards to the headset issue can anyone confirm if its normal just to hear your oppent when they are up close in halo reach or should you be able to taunt them in the match no matter where they are.
    As mentioned ealier both xboxs are system linked, but this is done with an ethernat cable and connected through a router. Would I need to open any ports for this?

Thanks

That's a question for the folks over on the actual Xbox forum since it's got nothing to do with modding. It's a more active forum, you'll get a better response :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

what your experiencing I believe is proximity chat,

when your on different teams you only hear each other when up close, I never use system link so not sure if there is a way around this, can you invite the other peoson to a party chat when system linked?

Advertisement