Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for correct forum to ask questions

Options
  • 23-10-2011 12:36pm
    Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if there is a forum on the site for discussing/ asking for information about aspects relating to debating/ internet discussion.

I talking about things like strawman, logical (and other types) of fallacies and probably many other things that I'm unaware of.

I'm asking because every now and again a poster will use a term that I'm not familiar with. Sometimes the content of the thread will reveal what was meant by the term. Other times I google it and get a definition but it doesn't clarify what the poster was attempting to do by using the discussion component in the thread.

I guess I'm looking for a forum to learn more about and probably dissect the various components that can be used by posters in a discussion.

I'm not sure if a forum exists for what I'm asking, but you don't ask and you never find out.

thanks in advance :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Philosophy forum would probably be the most suitable for discussion on logical reasoning and argumentation theory.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

thanks, URL. shall have a look at the forum.

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement