Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dvd to media player

• 23-10-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi folks.i have just bought a muilti media player and wanted to put my dvds that i have lying around onto it but i dont know how.i have a laptop and have an idea that the dvds need to be transfered to a different format but would greatly appreciate any information on software or anthing needed.thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

edger wrote: »
    hi folks.i have just bought a muilti media player and wanted to put my dvds that i have lying around onto it but i dont know how.i have a laptop and have an idea that the dvds need to be transfered to a different format but would greatly appreciate any information on software or anthing needed.thank you.

These threads come up quite regularly. The easiest way would be to get DVDFab Decrypter which is free, and rip the DVD onto your hard drive, then use Handbrake to encode the video into Xvid

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 34 edger

thanks nick.i made a stab at this but i am hope less when it comes to this type of stuff.if any one has any more advice i would be greatfull.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

edger wrote: »
    thanks nick.i made a stab at this but i am hope less when it comes to this type of stuff.if any one has any more advice i would be greatfull.:)

First rip it to your computer using the 'DVDCopy' function in DVDFab HD Decrypter. Select the Main Movie option rather than Full Disc. You can deselect any audio tracks you don't want - normally you've got the main audio track in AC-3/5.1 and then a few extra tracks for commentaries etc.

Set your target folder (where you want to save it), make sure quality is set to DVD9/100%. Then start ripping.

Come back when you've got that figured out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

STEP 1.3: Ripping the DVD with DVDFab Decrypter

Now insert the original DVD (PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN 2: Dead Man's Chest) or any DVD you want to rip into the drive.

fabmk4.png

Once DVDFab Decrypter launched, it should do a quick scanning.

fab2xd2.png

fab12pr2.png

"Source" is where the original DVD is located. "Target" is the Folder that DVDFab is going to rip the DVD into.

fab3mz7.png

NOTE: this is if you're using/ripping "Main Movie" mode only.

fab3ath7.png

Take out all other unwanted "Languages & Subpicture" to gain more quality.

fab3aarq9.png

When your ready, click START and DVDFab will start to rip the DVD.

fab4cm4.png

Relax and sit tight, DVDFab is ripping the DVD/movie now.

fab5en0.png

Again, just relax. DVDFab should be done shortly.

fab6zf3.png

fab7qb2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭manna452121

I have used DVD43,http://www.dvd43.com/ with Handbrake, http://download.cnet.com/HandBrake/3000-2194_4-10808250.html and had no problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement