Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unkown Number

Options
  • 23-10-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I recently was called by an unknown source.
    Normally if a number is Private, my phone will say Private Number.
    however when my phone rang it displayed "No Number".

I couldnt answer because I was in work at the time. Does anybody know who uses this method when calling somebody? companies?

I've attatched a screen capture of my phone log.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Private number comes up when a subscriber withholds their number and the fact is communicated to the telecoms company. No number would imply the call is coming from a telecoms company who don't send originating call numbers.

It's more than likely an international call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ive seen that before from big companys and stuff. usually a switchboard or something. ive also seen that when incoming caller id wasnt working on my phone, are other numbers showing ok for you lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

My caller ID for any other calls has worked just fine. it was just on this occassaion. I owned alot of phones over the years but have never actually seen that happen.
    Im guessing it's a company of sort judging by your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Have seen it several times. Big companies usually banks and such like.

You may even see the number showing up as something like "5426" and nothing else. That would be an extension number of the person calling.

Advertisement