Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Historic photo trail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

They are some really wonderful old shots bullpost. Your idea is absolutely Brillo for tourists walking around to see things like this. I have seen things in older parts of cities I visited and find them really interesting. One that comes to mind is Richmond Virginia which was the capital of the southern confederacy here during the civil war. All around the southern white house as it was called they showed the old pix from the 1860's and it was cool to contrast it with how it looks today, which is surrounded by the University of Richmond medical school and hospital.

Great idea but don't know how it would ever get funded given the state of affairs and the economy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

Great idea bull post there are some great picture in the Poole collection in the national library well worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Bullpost +1 that is great Idea – You should email the city manager with the idea.

I have been looking through the National Library and the Poole collection myself online over recent times and I had thought of a similar idea myself but just in respect of the quays and Ferrybank as both the north and south quays have underwent some considerable change from been very industrial and busy work areas in the early 20th Century (and the busiest Port in Ireland ) to now being no longer busy , light commercial , leisure marinas , car parks and in some instances derelict.

A photo tells a 1000 words and in turn will give many locals, visitors and tourists a true insight into times past and true in depth sense of times gone by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Sent him an email so lets see what happens.
    Jambo wrote: »
    Bullpost +1 that is great Idea – You should email the city manager with the idea.

I have been looking through the National Library and the Poole collection myself online over recent times and I had thought of a similar idea myself but just in respect of the quays and Ferrybank as both the north and south quays have underwent some considerable change from been very industrial and busy work areas in the early 20th Century (and the busiest Port in Ireland ) to now being no longer busy , light commercial , leisure marinas , car parks and in some instances derelict.

A photo tells a 1000 words and in turn will give many locals, visitors and tourists a true insight into times past and true in depth sense of times gone by

Advertisement