Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have a week off soon?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, when exactly do we have the week off ? It's called review week and what does that mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I know I have my review week from the 7th of Nov. I'm in the Mechanical Department. Dunno if it's the same all round but that is when the college calender says it should be!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Inbox wrote: »
    Hi guys, when exactly do we have the week off ? It's called review week and what does that mean?
    Whats your course. AFAIK review week is the week of 7thNovember or the 31st October but you could have to come in for continuous assesment tests depending on your course. Some courses ignore review week all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It depends on your school as far as I know. I've the week of the 31st off for reading week that's the school of culinary arts anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I'm in Kevin street, i guess its the engineering dept.

So it could be different dates for different departments?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Inbox wrote: »
    I'm in Kevin street, i guess its the engineering dept.

So it could be different dates for different departments?

It depends on you're college. I'm in the college of business and mine is the week after next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

In the school of computing it's the 12th of December. Which is crap :P.
    It's called review week and what does that mean?
    From: http://www.dit.ie/services/academicaffairsandregistrar/calendar/
    Review week to be used either for revision, reading, field visits, lectures, interim tests, formative assessment feedback etc. To be applied in Week 7 except where otherwise arranged.

Not a week off in the eyes of DIT anyhoo.

Advertisement