Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cichillids keep changing colour?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

any suggestions on why my fish are doing this? they are changing colour reguarly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

My african chiclids are very dark in colour in the morning when the lights first come on but within an hour they have real bright vibrant colours again.is this what your experiencing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wallace252

im more in-clined to think its the females that are going a lighter colour with or without the light on i have 2 of every fish in the tank and 2 of each species stays bright and vibrant and 2 go very pale.... my water conditions are perfect im a bit puzzled i thought they might be breeding as the 2 males are very dominating towards other fish going near there hiding places??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

it could be breeding.The chiclids in my main tank are breeding all the time but I have not noticed a colour change except after the lights are first on.

Advertisement