Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband CONSTANT disconnecting issue

Options
  • 23-10-2011 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone any clue as to what do do,

My situation is anytime I am playing the ps3 online and the phone rings connection is lost, ... same thing happens if someone goes at the pc,
    so between telephone calls incoming and outgoing, and other ppl surfing the web, its a major head wreck....

anyone any solutions?

would this happen if I switched to UPC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Make sure you have a filter on every device

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

dumbbell wrote: »
    Hey all,

My situation is anytime I am playing the ps3 online and the phone rings connection is lost, ... same thing happens if someone goes at the pc,
    so between telephone calls incoming and outgoing, and other ppl surfing the web, its a major head wreck....

anyone any solutions?

To answer your 2nd question, it would stop if you switched to UPC. As for solutions, call your ISP's customer support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Make sure you have a filter on every device
    where do i ger these are they expensive.. where do i put them exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

where do i ger these are they expensive.. where do i put them exactly

http://support.hubris.net/knowledge_base/013.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hey all,

anyone any solutions?

Hi dumbbell,

As the guys suggested, this seems like a spliter issue. Have you checked the spliter at the connection point?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi dumbbell,

As the guys suggested, this seems like a spliter issue. Have you checked the spliter at the connection point?

Thanks, Mark
    Hey

There is a splitter on the main connection socket in the hall.. One leading for a landline.. the other into the BB.... is this the problem ? :o

Hey

There is a splitter on the main connection socket in the hall.. One leading for a landline.. the other into the BB.... is this the problem ? :o

Hi dumbbell,

It may be, insure the broadband cable & phone cable are conencted into the right slots. Or even check if it is loose or damaged.

Thanks, Mark

okay makinf progress thanks mark.. i have splitters on the phones and we can receive amd make calls without disrupting the internet.. how ever if i am using the ps3 online and someone is on the pc it looses connection =-( but getting there thanks for the help

okay makinf progress thanks mark.. i have splitters on the phones and we can receive amd make calls without disrupting the internet.. how ever if i am using the ps3 online and someone is on the pc it looses connection =-( but getting there thanks for the help

Hi dumbbell,

No problem, thanks for getting back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement