Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun shop in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 23-10-2011 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just wondering if Clarkes shop is still open in Temple bar? I know theres a place in Tallaght but Im just wondering about this one in Temple bar and if it sells cartridges or what ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

MC.ISF wrote: »
    Just wondering if Clarkes shop is still open in Temple bar? I know theres a place in Tallaght but Im just wondering about this one in Temple bar and if it sells cartridges or what ?

Long gone , rory's fishing tackle around the corner sells ammo , they might have a single barrel shotgun or cheap .22 in stock but thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭MC.ISF

rowa wrote: »
    Long gone , rory's fishing tackle around the corner sells ammo , they might have a single barrel shotgun or cheap .22 in stock but thats about it.

Ah thats a shame , I even remember back in the day Henry's was a great place for a chat ! Do Rory's definitely sell ammo ? I was in there a few years back and asked and they looked at me as if I had 3 heads !! The man said "We havent sold guns for the past 25 years "

MC.ISF wrote: »
    Ah thats a shame , I even remember back in the day Henry's was a great place for a chat ! Do Rory's definitely sell ammo ? I was in there a few years back and asked and they looked at me as if I had 3 heads !! The man said "We havent sold guns for the past 25 years "

Yes , they have a notice up in the window saying they sell eley ammo, they do other brands also.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I've bought ammo in Rory's a few times in the recent past. They don't have any guns, just ammo and tons of fishing stuff. They had Eley Match & Club and some hunting-oriented rounds too. I don't know if they had any shotgun cartridges. The people I dealt with didn't appear to know much about ammunition but they were friendly and helpful and I definitely appreciate the effort to keep up what must be a very small corner of the overall business.

The next nearest places I know of to buy ammo in Dublin would be Tallaght Rod & Gun, Fingal Sports or Crescent Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Theres a place in stillorgan sells ammo, not sure how well there stocked, Cant think of the name of it, Its a pet shop and has kennels and sheds outsdie, next to the blood donor clinic:D

• Advertisement

ronn wrote: »
    Theres a place in stillorgan sells ammo, not sure how well there stocked, Cant think of the name of it, Its a pet shop and has kennels and sheds outsdie, next to the blood donor clinic:D

Baumanns , €8 for a box of .22lr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

IRLConor wrote: »
    I've bought ammo in Rory's a few times in the recent past. They don't have any guns, just ammo and tons of fishing stuff. They had Eley Match & Club and some hunting-oriented rounds too. I don't know if they had any shotgun cartridges. The people I dealt with didn't appear to know much about ammunition but they were friendly and helpful and I definitely appreciate the effort to keep up what must be a very small corner of the overall business.

The next nearest places I know of to buy ammo in Dublin would be Tallaght Rod & Gun, Fingal Sports or Crescent Sports.
    What's Crescent Sports like these days? Haven't been in a while. Always found them helpful, although got some snotty rude sales assistant last time which put me off. However I was assured by a friend and regular customer that it was a once off and 'said assistant' was only a temporary or something like that....

Must pop in sometime and check it out.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

johnk123 wrote: »
    What's Crescent Sports like these days? Haven't been in a while. Always found them helpful, although got some snotty rude sales assistant last time which put me off. However I was assured by a friend and regular customer that it was a once off and 'said assistant' was only a temporary or something like that....

Must pop in sometime and check it out.

I've never been in, only dealt with them over the phone. Friendly & helpful, just didn't happen to have what I was looking for at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Have a lot of time for Neil over in Crescent Sports. Never had a sales assistant in there either myself. Neil himself would go a long way out of his way to get you what you need, and talk your ear off in the process. Sound as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bibio

Have to say that Neil in Crescent is a real gent. It is a pleasure to go into his place and he s very knowledgeable but not only that, he is one of the few people who has talked me out of a sale as he knew what I was looking for wasn't suitable, defo has customers best interest at heart and not one to make sale for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Will def pop in this week so as a new purchase may be on the way :) Had intended to call in today but needless to say that didn't happen!!

Hope everyone else managed to make it home ok!

Advertisement