Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can this be right?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Just something I noticed when I was going to the Cinema yesterday and am wondering if anyone can justify a possible reasoning for it.

The Lion King in 3D at 6pm on a saturday evening.

Cineworld, Parnell St Price: 13.40 per person including glasses.

Savoy, O'Connell St Price: 8.60 per person including glasses.

It seems like such a massive difference in price for two cinemas within five minutes walking distance of each other, and I can only imagine the rent on O'Connell street is higher than Parnell St.

So, How can they justify charging such different prices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

I doubt the Savoy pays rent tbh.

But yes that is astounding....really love the Savoy cos it's been there for so long but some people like to be posh, even if it is on Parnell st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

8.60 sounds like the normal pricing for a non 3D showing. But if they were both 3D then that's insane pricing difference. Savoy's a much nicer experience, imo, so go there AND save money.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

8.60 sounds like the normal pricing for a non 3D showing. But if they were both 3D then that's insane pricing difference. Savoy's a much nicer experience, imo, so go there AND save money.
    I watched the LK in Savoy in 3D and it was indeed 8.50. 6 something for a student ticket for me, was quite happy with that :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I watched the LK in Savoy in 3D and it was indeed 8.50. 6 something for a student ticket for me, was quite happy with that :)

Indeed, that's pretty cool. Cineworld definitely rip you off on the 3D then. Even if you have one of the 'unlimited' cards and you want to see a 3D film, you have to pay extra. Which means I don't watch 3D films (but I probably wouldn't anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

The Savoy is a far nicer cinema, with far nicer popcorn, I absolutely love going there.

i just wish they hadn't taken out the love seats in the renovation.

On a side note - I believe Screen 1 there to be the biggest 3D screen in the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement