Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...to Lansdowne Road. Changing at Connolly

Options
  • 23-10-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I live in North County Dublin. When getting the train down to see Ireland play in Lansdowne Road, I've always passed through Connolly, Pearse and gotten off at Tara where I wait for the DART to take me the rest of the way. I've never had any problems doing this, however when I last went to LR to see Ireland play Armenia, when the DART came into Tara it was absolutely packed.

Can I get off at Connolly and wait for the DART there? If so, which platform will I be waiting on? I'm aware that it's not always going to be the same platform, but the majority of times it is.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Yep. You should be able to get off at connolly no prob. just make sure you are are the right platform

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I'm guessing the correct platform is going to be 5 most times? That's the one my train stops at when in Connolly so I'm assuming the DART is just following my train all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

It's usually 7 going southbound-that's under the tunnel and the one closest to the main station, but it's occasionally different-just check the screens if you're waiting to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

They'll be on 5, 6 or 7 which are the ones your train usually comes in on. Match days can have weird routing sometimes, like if there's a direct train from Howth which travels non-stop after Howth Junction all the way to Landsdowne but it's not easy to find information on those.

If I was you I'd try to get off at Howth Junction and connect there whether you get a non-stop or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Yeah it's very difficult to get information on match days. I may try Howth Junction for the Cup Final in two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If it is crowds you are trying to avoid, I'd get off at Howth Junction too & pick up the Dart from there. I live beside Connolly & last time there was a big concert or game at Landsdowne, the biggest crowds waiting for it were at Connolly. By by the time it got to Tara St it was already packed. Then again, if you get on the Dart at Howth Junction you'll have the usual wait for a Dart, and will miss out on the special trains that CIE lay on for special events that usually start at Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Check the Irish Rail website closer to the day, sometimes they close Landsdowne Road Station before the match and Grand Canal Dock after the match so you'll need to know where to get on and off. Check your ticket too to see which station is closer to your stadium entry point.

Advertisement