Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commodore 64 is BACK!!

• 23-10-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone has seen this, and i wasn't entirely sure where to post it but I think it's pretty cool, and this forum seems to be the place it fits best.

Commodore have re-issued the Commodore 64 as a Full PC.
    A barebones box is $349, without a processor.
    An $895 version includes a 1TB hard drive, an Atom processor, Ubuntu Linux, an Nvidia graphics processor, 4GB of memory and a Blu-ray drive.

"The Keyboard IS the PC"

All of the above (Hard Drive, Graphics, RAM, Blu-ray etc.) are integrated into the keyboard.

As stated prices start at $349 Going up to the top price of $1499 With HD, 8GB Ram and a 3TB drive in the top version.

Commodore Website
    It's back... and better than ever! The new Commodore 64 is a modern functional PC as close to the original in design as humanly possible. It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard featuring a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the latest nVidia ION2 graphics chipset. It comes in the original taupe brown/beige color, with other colors to follow.

C64DVDBrighterSmallBorderb.png
    C64DataSlotsBrighterSmallBorderb.png
    C64BackplateBrighterSmallBorderb.png

Buy it HERE (Official Commodore Website)

Buy The Original HERE for €73 (Currently none in stock) Not sure how much they will charge for shipping but they do ship here.

Also, Literally a couple on Amazon - £70 + £75
    A few on Ebay and other sites..

It might even be worth trying to build one of these new ones.. :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Seen this last year somewhere, THG I think. It's just a pc in a retro case so no tapes <not that thats a bad thing :p>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Pfft... no Run/Stop or Restore keys and I bet you can't reset it with a paper clip either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pfft... no Run/Stop or Restore keys and I bet you can't reset it with a paper clip either ;)

sys64738 will be the real test :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Seems like alot of dosh to spend for a spec like that and I don't even get to type LOAD"*",8. I read somewhere it comes with an c64 emulator, wonder which one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Seeing this makes me think it would be really easy to mod and old console like a c64 ( maybe a non working one), and turn it into a pc.. way less than that price..

Im thinking and Atari 800 xl would look great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

aidankkk wrote: »
    Seeing this makes me think it would be really easy to mod and old console like a c64 ( maybe a non working one), and turn it into a pc.. way less than that price..

Waiting for a New processor for my non working Videopac

If it doesnt work then it shall be a Donor Case for a new Pc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

aidankkk wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing. (About it being easy to mod an old console.)

Only thing i think would cause most of the hassle, would be the keyboard. :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You could be all "meta" about it and put the innards of one of the C64 sticks into a C64 case....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Build your own for half the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Tallon wrote: »
    Build your own for half the price

Damn right and would look a whole lot better too. The card reader and blu/dvd drive on the side ruin the look of it.
    How am I supposed to connect this to an old black & white portable telly when there's no TV out ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Atom processor it comes with would probably be only a little faster than the C64's processor.

Advertisement