Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap tablet with Capacitive screen?

• 23-10-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a cheap tablet for my daughter for Christmas, I'm wondering is it important to get one with a Capacitive screen? most of the cheaper ones I've seen have a resistive type of screen. She's used too using my iPad so, would she find the resistive type awkward? Is it worth the extra money to go for the Capacitive screen?
    Also, can anyone recommend a cheap tablet?
    Thanks! L

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yes, absolutely. Resistive screens are terrible and I'm sorry to say she'd be sorely disappointed. I think Amazon's Fire tablet is the best value tablet on the go, if it meets your requirements...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Couldn't agree more - don't bother with a resistive screen. I've tried a tablet with it, and also had a phone with one, and both were awful to use. I would imagine that a lot of games etc wouldn't work properly (if at all) without a capacitive screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

If you are still in luck HMV B&M are selling the Archos101 for €149 at the moment. It would probably fit your requirements just fine.

Do your research regarding what you want it for, seems to be some debate at the end of that thread regarding it's abilities to play Flash, so youtube and the like.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement