Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Councillors in DIT?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I am aware there are career Councillors that help and advise you on your academic path but are there Councillors that are there to help your mental health for free?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i124Q wrote: »
    I am aware there are career Councillors that help and advise you on your academic path but are there Councillors that are there to help your mental health for free?
    There's the health service, which will talk to you anytime. Health service is completely free.

There is also the chaplain service. There might be a dedicated psychiatrist on staff somewhere, but I'm not sure to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ambp

There sure is, they're in all the major buildings and you can make an appointment by phone, text or email.

More info - http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/counselling

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

Hi

Yep there is ...

there are offices in AST, BST, and CBST and MJSQ ... I think... there used to be one in KST along time ago... non in RMS ASFAIK.

I think your best ringing the central office for an appointment, as they can find out who has free time ETC...

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a drop in service over lunch time... I'm not sure if that's still in place...

Its free but your limited to about 6 or so sessions. I think after that you can be refereed on to someone outside of DIT... its a bit of a grey area I think...

I know that the Counselling and Chaplaincy service's are open to FT and PT students, where the health service is only open to FT students.

Nemo

Advertisement