Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your dream career

• 23-10-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭

We all intend on going to third level, but if you could take the non-academic route of things, what career path would you love to take?

Edit: Stuff like music, sport, art, film etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Not exactly non-academicy either, but if not medicine - paramedic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Solus01

Love to do something in English and Film and become a writer :rolleyes: Wouldn't be able to live as a broke failing writer though so I'll stick to Science:P

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

NHL Player. (Ice-Hockey Player)

Being from Canada myself, I was always playing hockey until I moved to Ireland in 2004. It's my religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I am dream career?

Thanks for the contribution, yes you corrected me thank you, however it had nothing to do with the thread, so don't bother commenting unless you have something to contribute.

Personally I would love to get into music production.

Cian A wrote: »
    Thanks for the contribution, yes you corrected me thank you, however it had nothing to do with the thread, so don't bother commenting unless you have something to contribute.

Personally I would love to get into music production.

Interesting stuff Cian. Do you produce any of your own music at the moment? I'd love to do something similiar, but just as a hobby. I recently tried making some Dubstep music on my laptop. Failed miserably :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cobbe354 wrote: »
    Interesting stuff Cian. Do you produce any of your own music at the moment? I'd love to do something similiar, but just as a hobby. I recently tried making some Dubstep music on my laptop. Failed miserably :P

Please send me the file <3

Please send me the file <3

I will put it up on my soundcloud and link you, when I feel it is ready :P

So far it's a mess haha.

I will put it up on my soundcloud and link you, when I feel it is ready :P

So far it's a mess haha.

The reason I want to listen to it is because you said that it failed miserably! :D

Given that it wasn't very good, I had some work in dubstep and mashups. Couple of months ago my external harddrive breaks and everything is gone, it wasn't recent work or anything, haven't bothered much since about 2 years ago.

I'll be honest though, Dubstep isn't my real passion, that was just easier to do:p. I really love what Daft Punk and Justice do, Deadmau5 and Skrillex too.

But I'm not going near learning that type of stuff at least til after the leaving.

Oh and I'd love that link too, awful is usually a humble decent :D

That sounds pretty awesome. I absolutely love Daft Punk, they are unreal Live.

If it's somthing that you enjoy doing, would you possibly think of doing sound engineering or something along those lines? Maybe persue your dream of producing! ^_^

• Advertisement

Haha, okay I'll put it up soon, and let you hear it :P

That sounds pretty awesome. I absolutely love Daft Punk, they are unreal Live.

If it's somthing that you enjoy doing, would you possibly think of doing sound engineering or something along those lines? Maybe persue your dream of producing! ^_^

A dream it is alas. I'd rather play it safe and do a more academic course. I believe most producers started doing so as a hobby, I believe the saying goes Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CPFC IRL

To be a session drummer but with more and more drum machines being used and the music industry faltering thats not really a possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

To get scouted and play Aussie Rules. I love football, and since that's the closest I can get to playing Gaelic professionally that would have to be my dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I'd love to develop medical devices, prosthetic legs, arms and eyes that actually work. I probably still could do it when I graduate

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

A critic of some sort. That would be an awesome job. :p Food/Music/Book/Film critic.. ooh I'd love it. Just give out about everything whilst having fun!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Being honest I'd love to be a dancer and travel over to London to dance on the west end and maybe do concerts and things. Being REALLY honest I can't dance to save my life :P :L oh well I can always dream :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Defygravity

Be a singer on the West End..

I'd love to be a chemist/physicist who makes a huge scientific breakthrough, then people will be learning about Coeurdepirate's Law :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 orla52

Cian A wrote: »
    We all intend on going to third level, but if you could take the non-academic route of things, what career path would you love to take?

Edit: Stuff like music, sport, art, film etc...
    would love to be a doctor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

To be a member of the ERU

• Registered Users Posts: 10 freakybeaky108

I would love to have my own radio show where I could go on and on about anything and everything: music, films, books etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

I really want to sing but i would never know how to become sucessful....lol this is me singing in the darkness of my room http://www.youtube.com/user/garyfitz14?feature=mhsn

Brave! But good. I'd love to sing but I'd say I'm shíte!

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    I really want to sing but i would never know how to become sucessful....lol this is me singing in the darkness of my room http://www.youtube.com/user/garyfitz14?feature=mhsn

You're pretty good! :O But I had to listen to what you said at the start about forty times to understand what you were saying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

im from a weird place my accent is strange sorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Feistyoneuare

I would love to be a sports journalist in a national newspaper, do all the match reports for football, GAA, rugby etc. would love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

id love to be a singer well more of a performer kinda like britney but in the good days, buut well i cant sing, cant dance so it prob wont happen BUT it might, positive taughts hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Being God would be pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deand21594

Working on Top Gear would be Class

Advertisement