Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Build Need Advice and Rating!

Options
  • 23-10-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey Guys, so I have a build and I would like ye to rate it and if needs be, change the components so it will work fine. At the moment my budget is 750 Euros. I have a monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse. I intend to be playing games such as Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3, and a few old game like Call of Duty 2 and 4. I also would like it to be FutureProof too. :)

Build=

CPU - i5-2500k Box - 187 Euros
    PSU - Super Flower Amazon 550w - 52 Euros
    HardDrive - Samsung SpinPoint 1000GB - 46 Euros
    RAM - 4GB-Kit DDR3 Crucial Value - 33 Euros
    OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - 87 Euros
    MotherBoard - AsRock P67 Pro 3 - 87 Euros
    Graphics Card - Club 3D Radeon 6870 1024MB - 150 Euros
    DVD Driver - Lite-On iHAS124-19 SATA - 18 Euros
    Case - Cooler Master CM Storm Scout Mid Tower - 85 Euros

Total Build Cost - 745 Euros

Thanks to any one that replied! :) I hope it works.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks alright to me. Just one word of advice though. When I playing Battlefield 3 Beta, the process on 64 player maps took over 3GB of memory. I have 8GB so I'm fine but on 4GB RAM you might be tight for space as about 25% of that would be taken up for the OS and some other programs. The result is that the draw distance ends up a tad short than what it should be.

I personally would have went for at least 6GB RAM as they're currently very cheap to pick up. Other than that its a good build.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

Thanks for replying guys :) Hopefully 2 months of research will have paid off. I will inform ye on how it goes on this thread! :)

Advertisement