Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Village quiz night

Options
  • 23-10-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hey just heard today that the East Village holds quiz nights - are they any good - is there a good mix of questions etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I used to go and it was very good for a while but there are the usual problems of people cheating with smart phones etc.

Also there was a young barman very friendly with one group. The first round is a picture round and they were discussing their answers while I was at the bar (5 minutes after they should have handed up their answers). I was in tears laughing they were so bad. I was suspicous that they were taking the piss so glanced at their sheet and yes they thought machu pichu was the hymalayes and ankor wat the pyramids. Anyhow we had a very good team and got a total of 2 questions wrong but were beaten by the group at the bar. Whenever this barman was on there was always some group at the bar that would win.

There used to be a couple of teams that seemed to win most weeks but from chats in the smoking area they were just good and used be fairly pissed off when the young barman would set some mates up.

As for questions its fairly varied. From what I remember round one was a picture round, others would include an anagram round, a music round (double points 1 for the artist 1 for the song), a food and beverage round, a sports round but mainly its general knowledge stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

oh and when i went it was a thurs night about twenty past 9.

Advertisement