Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new tractor v second hand

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

blue5000 wrote: »
    Seems to be a scarcity of good 2nd hand stockman tractors around the 100hp mark available in this country. Has anyone on here imported one from the continent, not uk?

had an old fiat that came from holland, i bought off dealer who brought in, they have a different hitch system though so no pickup hitch which was a pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

blue5000 wrote: »
    Seems to be a scarcity of good 2nd hand stockman tractors around the 100hp mark available in this country. Has anyone on here imported one from the continent, not uk?

Think you'll find they are way more expensive in France, Holland, Germany and places.

Hav'nt brought any in but have been at auctions in these countries and considered bringing tractors out there from here to sell.

Hard to beat the UK for value at the minute. the market always goes a bit soft there from Nov - Mar. for obvious reasons.

Of course a new problem we are facing now is the hand me downs from 08' 09' and 10 are like hens teeth, thus potentially making s/h tractors even fewer going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You sound like a Zetor dealer to me :pac:

I read it on their ad on the back cover of this month's Classic Tractor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

The Massey is classy but the Zetor is better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

Have a 1980 zetor 12045 crystal. It has spent 30 years at silage, real rough work, drawing, cutting, mowing, and on the harvester. Agitating and pulling a dump trailer and track machine every winter. Now while she went a bit rough and took a bit of work to get back looking normal (no bonnet, no air filter, no windows etc.) there was actually nothing wrong with it, engine starting first turn, rings perfect, lift perfect and that was after 30 years of serious abuse that i think would have done for alot of tractors.I dont agree that zetors are poorly made tractors, the crystal range were ahead of their time and are still going strong nearly 40 years later.
    Disclaimer - I am not a zetor dealer.;)
    PS. Forgot the PTO wouldnt turn off but I just replaced the disks, they were worn to shreds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

johnpawl wrote: »
    Have a 1980 zetor 12045 crystal. It has spent 30 years at silage, real rough work, drawing, cutting, mowing, and on the harvester. Agitating and pulling a dump trailer and track machine every winter. Now while she went a bit rough and took a bit of work to get back looking normal (no bonnet, no air filter, no windows etc.) there was actually nothing wrong with it, engine starting first turn, rings perfect, lift perfect and that was after 30 years of serious abuse that i think would have done for alot of tractors.I dont agree that zetors are poorly made tractors, the crystal range were ahead of their time and are still going strong nearly 40 years later.
    PS. Forgot the PTO wouldnt turn off but I just replaced the disks, they were worn to shreds

Ah, come off it now! You have a Zetor with 30 years, and you haven't gone bankrupt yet. Impossible. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

Ok, Ok, I'm converted. (maybe) Still think my 1971 ford 5000 is a legend of a tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

you are remarkabley cheerfull for someone who has completed a thirty year sentence , i wouldnt sit on one of those old zetors for thirty seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Zetor fan here
    But if you have served 30yrs on a crystal your 1 tuff man
    Get out there and ask the oppision for a test drive on something post 1998
    They have air con and everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭20silkcut

epfff wrote: »
    Zetor fan here
    But if you have served 30yrs on a crystal your 1 tuff man
    Get out there and ask the oppision for a test drive on something post 1998
    They have air con and everything

The crystal range was way ahead of it's time back in the 60's when most tractors were struggling to have a cab. You could still see through the floor of Massey fergusons well into the late 70's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

The crystal range was way ahead of it's time back in the 60's when most tractors were struggling to have a cab. You could still see through the floor of Massey fergusons well into the late 70's.[/Quote]
    No dobt.but its now nearly 2112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

oh crap! were did the last 100 years go? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

irishh_bob wrote: »
    you are remarkabley cheerfull for someone who has completed a thirty year sentence , i wouldnt sit on one of those old zetors for thirty seconds

these young lads are feirce soft these days aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

20silkcut wrote: »
    The crystal range was way ahead of it's time back in the 60's when most tractors were struggling to have a cab. You could still see through the floor of Massey fergusons well into the late 70's.

the zetor seemed to mirror the old soviet union in terms of success and performance , thirty and forty years ago , the communists were making all the breakthroughs :D but like the zetor , fell away towards the mid to late eighties

• Advertisement

Lads I said the tractor had served 30 hard years, I didnt say I was on it the whole time!:D Seriously bad steering lock though I will admit that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

20silkcut wrote: »
    my dad bought 2 zetor crystals in the same year in the 1970's first one was brillliant the bees knees , the second one - which was to work along the first one was crap, same model and everything:(

dscn0153uf.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I suppose it did get a pretty intensive makeover alright.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

dscn0153uf.jpg

looks like a scene from a john deere garage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

dscn0153uf.jpg
    steering lock looks like the best bit now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

hi guys thanks for the info, havent been able to reply cos of eircom (fecking chancers).

looks like a lot of you have been down this route before. thing is trying to figure out which is best for me. got the 50hx in 03 and this does most of the loader work and we actually use it most of the time, this means that we just use the 7610 for tractor work (rovating, trailer work, and spreading). have done a bit of work to it in the last year, changed the clutch, hyd pump and put in a new starter and altenator, also squared off the drive shaft as the threads had got worn. want to get a 4wd as they are better espically if i want to get a tanker, know a few fellas using a 2wd with a tanker but you cant really use anything bigger than 1300 gallons and it would take ages. the 4wd front axel is better with a loader too espically with silage bales.

if i upgrade the tractor i can use it for most of the work and ease back on the digger which will let it last longer. but the digger is great so if i upgrade it i'll still have the 7610 as it is.

that deal with the zetor for 35k sounds good, nsome neighbours here have went for them and for genearl work they are good value, remind me a bit of the skoda 15 years ago, a liile behind the times but still good and relible.

gotta see what the money situtaion is like at the end of the year before i know what i can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

irishh_bob wrote: »
    polod wrote: »
    I think around the time of the ploughing zetor had a deal ....a brand new 100 hp tractor + loader for some thing like 35,000 seemed to be good valve to me .....id say they would do a life time if well minded.

yes and the zetor are no bad machine theese days

If you hit a few Zetor dealers, about a fortnight before end of the year, you will get a big improvement on that €35k deal. Big pressure on to get kit sold and numbers up before year end.

Yeah noticed a few more of the manufacturers are trying more deals coming up to the end of the year. New holland have one on the T5050, and class have one with a new loader, thick case have one going too. Will need to check the lotto 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

how do you find the 50 hx, dont know how fast the hydraulics are but i find on our NH tl90A the hydraulics arnt that fast so can get frustrating compaired to other machines i drive, might be worth checking if the hydraulic pump is the bigger one on what ever tractor u choose if u go for a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Profi had a forterra on long term test

Review was very favouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭99nsr125

99nsr125 wrote: »

Review was very favouble

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

;)

Good read. Confirms, the Zetor is more than adequate for most busy stock farm tasks.

The 50hx is great for loader work espically with doing bales the shuttle is brilliant to use its one of the reasons I got it. Have often used it to lift 2 silage bales at at time and these are chopped ones. We were lifting off some heavy stuff for a house last year and the lorry driver was commenting on how well it lifted considering it does luck a bit rough ( the cabs are ****e). You do notice that you have to drop to 2nd going up steep hills but then again there are only 4 gears. The engine was built 2 years ago so that does help, we were clearing away timber cuttings when's limb came up under the axel and blew off the oil filter, seized the engine (expensive mistake).
    Can be a bit aquward around the sheds but as it is small compared to the fords and 3cx is easy to manuvure once your used to it. My uncles and cousins have had a few close escapes when using it.

That test for the zetor was good thought. The newer models have the shuttle improvements and a better set of lifting arms.
    Again though it,ll come down to the cash and see what I can get for our beloved 7610.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

Review was very favouble

I think the problem with zetor especially as a loader tractor, is shown in the cover page of profi- they driver is twisted in his seat crossing his left hand over to change the direction stick while controlling the loader with his right hand. I think it would put alot of people off them, especially anyone used to a left hand shuttle, or looking to change from a similar layout on their current tractor.
    I was looking at a 115 forterra this time last year, but it put me off them( having to cross hands) if they had a left hand shuttle I probably would of gone for it!!!! even if the forward reverse gear stick was beside the seat as per old cyrstal/ ursus at least you wouldn't be twisted in the seat all the time for loader work. other than that I think there a good enough stock farmer machine

• Advertisement

The newer versions have the left hand shuttle so it might be worth going back if your still looking.

Found that a bit aquward when using tractors with gears on the right too, even when using a 7740. The 7610 has ccolumn change so you can use either hand going forward or reverse, which is handy

Advertisement