Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Month ban from Soccer

• 23-10-2011 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi, I received a 1 month ban from soccer earlier from Frisbee, I have PM'd him/her but have not yet gotten a reply.

I think it was the same as Flahavaj i.e continuing match discussion in another thread, I honestly did not know this was a breach of charter and I apologise.

I would be grateful if you could look into this for me as I enjoy posting in Soccer very much.

Thank You

CDA

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Looks like a few were handed out together,so the same as I said to the other lads I will hold off ontill I have a chat with Frisbee.

Hi,

As this is clearly set out in the soccer forum charter in fact it has its own section,its hard for anybody to say they were not aware of the rule.The charter is there in black and white and the mod implemented it correctly as that thread was a mess and needed to be cleaned up.What you have to understand is these are fast moving sitauations and when it kicks off its best if everybody just sits back and let the mods clean it up.

So as the ban was within the guidelines set out in the charter the decision is upheld.For the record here is the bit in the charter.

Link
    Due to the recent amount of hostility and aggression displayed in matchday threads as well as giving people infractions/bannings for stepping out of line if there are too many people dragging the thread of course it will be locked mid-game for at least 5 minutes, maybe more at the Mods discretion.

Anyone who proceeds to take match thread to a new thread, their respective club Superthread or the general weekend thread will receive an immediate one month ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

I think a 1 month ban is very harsh for a post that was not abusive or offensive in any way.

I have sent Moderator Frisbee 3 PM's and have received no reply!

I have been talking to Frisbee about this over the last few days,as I said this was the first time this new rule has been implemented.The rule is needed but we are both in agreement that a 1 month ban for it is a bit on the excessive side.So we are going to change the charter and reduce this offense to a 1 week ban.

As for the group that has been banned already for a month we have agreed to reduce this down to a 2 week ban.I know its still a week over what it will be in the future but its also 2 weeks shorter than it was when the incident happened.So I hope this keeps everybody happy.

I have sent Moderator Frisbee 3 PM's and have received no reply!

To clear this up,you sent Frisbee 3 PMs while he was offline and the last one said you started a DRT thread.Once a DRT thread is started he was correct to then not PM you.

• Advertisement

What is so special about this group that warrants 1 week more than what others are going to get in future.

This sort of heavy handedness turns so many people away from Soccer, ridiculous!

What is so special about this group that warrants 1 week more than what others are going to get in future.

This sort of heavy handedness turns so many people away from Soccer, ridiculous!

Because right now the ban stands at 1 month for this type of thing,we are going to change it.Anybody going forward will be aware its a weeks ban,you should have been aware its a month ban and you now have that reduced by 2weeks.

Absolute farce of a situation whereby a thread was closed because of trolling and abuse, and a few posters decided to continue discussion in another thread about a goal that was scored while the thread was closed and harmless posts at that.

Farcical!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Marking this one as closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement