Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Abi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Isn't education a complete waste of time?
    No.
    Ever hang out with the michelin man?
    No.
    What started the interest in cars / motorsports generally, Abi? Is it a family thing or ... ?http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=2056429732
    I love that you asked me that. The only time I think I have been asked it is on private fora, so it doesn't really explain me.

I'm a daddy's girl :) He loved and built cars from the age of 16, he was pulling stuff apart and what not. he thought I was going to be a boy, and had bought me train-sets and stuff before I was born. I pottered around after him in my bare-feet annoying the **** out of him, as opposed to hanging out with my mother and my nanna. Ive a pic somewhere in TLI of me in my Nanna's back garden, but I haunted my dad. He'd have to swat me away but I laughed with mucky paws and took me to mondello :)

I think family life has taken that passion out of him,
    Are you or have you been involved yourself?

Life has prevented me from doing so more or less this point. My dad knows I have the want, and has always held me back. my brother has almost killed himself wtih gashes to the head he's so competitive, and stupid I'lld admit. but he's moine ;)

Once the bug is there, it's hard to shake I want a drift day, and wet knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Righto... let's get down to it, eh?

Favorite car you've driven?

If money was no object, what car would you buy first?

Which d'ya prefer, hard & fast, rallycross / dirt tracks, or sideways and burning rubber?

Favorite TV show?

Do you love lamp?

Ever punched someone?

Most painful experience to date?

How does this sound make you feel:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Which d'ya prefer, hard & fast, rallycross / dirt tracks, or sideways and burning rubber?
    Abi, do you get the feeling that someone lost his nerve and amended that question slightly? :pac:

I'll get around to this in a tick :D

Righto... let's get down to it, eh?
    dorty :pac:
    Favorite car you've driven?
    Oh no you di'int ! you can't make me choose >.<

I was never into beemers before, but I was surprised by the amount of fun I had in this:

1z4ki6s.jpg

I always have a cum face driving an Impreza STI. I've a soft spot for Skylines as well.

This did, and always will give me a damp patch:

If money was no object, what car would you buy first?
    Quit makin' me choose will ye :p

I dunno, if money was no object I'd be a danger to myself. Prolly.
    you are not on my good side today at all :pac:

Getting 'er sideways is cumtastic, but probably the dirt. I've a few bendy country roads near where I live, I'd love to let loose on them. Damn civilians :pac:
    Favorite TV show?
    Not majorly into the tellybox tbh, but if IT crowd, Black books, or Only fools and howseys is on, I'll stick that on. I'm really crap with keeping up with the new stuff (purely because Im not big into watchin telleh) but I've been watching episodes of Breaking Bad more or less back-to-back, and I can't believe I've been missing out on this. I'm up to date on it now though.

Do you love lamp?
    /mounts lamp

Sure :pac:
    Ever punched someone?
    Yep. I'll never start a fight, but if I've to fend for myself I will. I've a nasty right hook.
    Most painful experience to date?
    Pain? what is this pain you speak of?

/throws Snickers at CM

Git some nuts :pac:

*serious* I've never been in any pain I couldn't handle -thankfully.
    How does this sound make you feel:

It makes me feel like I need a shot of your beemer :pac:

*splat*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Motorsport fan-girls posing on cars, damaging for women&cars, fine, or just getting in the way of the pretty cars?

Body kits on woefully underpowered cars - irritating or stylish?

Do people buy you days on the racetrack as pressies? Does that mean you're easy to shop for?

Any interesting in owning an albino clawed frog?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Motorsport fan-girls posing on cars, damaging for women&cars, fine, or just getting in the way of the pretty cars?
    Get off the car bitch :mad:

Hate that sh.it.
    Body kits on woefully underpowered cars - irritating or stylish?
    Moronic.
    Do people buy you days on the racetrack as pressies? Does that mean you're easy to shop for?
    yup. The pic above was of a track day in Monaghan earlier this year. That was bought for me.
    Any interesting in owning an albino clawed frog?
    nope. Though I do want a ferret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Who's your favourite F1 driver?

Ever been to an F1 race?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Abi wrote: »
    Once the bug is there, it's hard to shake. I want a drift day, and wet knickers.
    Having had a ridealong with Wes at a drift practice day back in April, and experiencing the male equivalent, I can kind of identify! :pac:

I'm afraid neither my sight nor (as a result) my driving skills are fit for taking it on from the driving seat though.

So what do you drive day to day?

And before this thread goes *completely* petrolhead ... :o

What pisses you off most about life?

Ideally, where would you like to be / what doing in 10 years time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

to have a drive - similar to the one in your pic, how does one go about something like that. tis something i am well interested in.

what type of car do you currently drive?

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    Who's your favourite F1 driver?

Vettel or Button. Top guys, Button has a sense of humour, I like the guy.

I fcukin hate Hamilton.
    Ever been to an F1 race?

No :(

If I won the lotto I'd make sure I was at every race.
    Having had a ridealong with Wes at a drift practice day back in April, and experiencing the male equivalent, I can kind of identify! :pac:

I'm afraid neither my sight nor (as a result) my driving skills are fit for taking it on from the driving seat though.

So what do you drive day to day?
    I've a Focus.

I think if I'd a more powerful car I'd do myself some damage :pac:

She's smart enough I guess, alloys, tints all round. I'm overdue the nct atm, and I'm not sure if my fronts would pass the light test. might have to do a job on her =/
    And before this thread goes *completely* petrolhead ... :o

What pisses you off most about life?
    No harm, it's all I ever talk about :pac:

What pisses me off about life.. Not much tbh, I'm pretty easy going. The only thing that bothers me is that I don't get any time to myself really, people seem to think theres something wrong with you, or you need 'rescuing' if you want time on your own. I like to head to one of my hidey places and have a think, or read.
    Ideally, where would you like to be / what doing in 10 years time?
    I don't really want for much. Whatever keeps me in cars :pac:
    hdowney wrote: »
    to have a drive - similar to the one in your pic, how does one go about something like that. tis something i am well interested in.

The pic that you saw above is from a track day I did with Rally Ireland http://www.rallyschoolireland.ie/

If of any interest to you, do it, it was an epic day. They give you a cert at the end. I want a rally license now :pac:

Will you marry me? ;):D

Will you marry me? ;):D

Sure, if I'm up to nothing that day :pac:

You're obviously a fan yourself? hate hamilton too then you're full of win =P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

hmm...

Any penalty points?

What do you think of our fine police force, including the traffic corps

Do you think the RSA really gives a crap about saving lives?

View on the new money makers speed cameras?

Why, in your opinion, don't we have a decent road network of good quality roads?

Any other hobbies/sports?

What phone do you have / if iPhone/android, why did you pick that one over the other?

Slightly more serious questions:

Do you think the presidency actually serves any purpose in this country?

Do you think the shíte broadcast on all forms of RTÉ (tv, radio, etc) is worth the €380 Million per year it costs to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What was the last childish thing you've done?

What's the fastest you've ever driven?

Whats your favourite food after a night out?

Sure, if I'm up to nothing that day :pac:

You're obviously a fan yourself? hate hamilton too then you're full of win =P

Aye, I'm a fan alright. Heading to Spa next year and Monaco too.

I have to admit, Hamilton is my favourite, although my all time favourite is Senna.

hmm...

Any penalty points?
    Newp. Only received a parking ticket, and that's because the town I live near went pay-and-display. I didn't see any signs up or anything to say they'd made the change, hence the ticket. Bastards.
    What do you think of our fine police force, including the traffic corps
    They're a grand bunch of lads :pac:

Indifferent really, so long as they stay away from me..
    Do you think the RSA really gives a crap about saving lives?
    I do. They normally fire on a few ads around times of the year when it's likely people are celebrating etc., about the best they can do I guess.
    View on the new money makers speed cameras?
    Love / hate relationship with them. I know they're there for a purpose, but I'm afraid some day I'll be a little over and get zapped.

Cue crazy Abi knocking the knackers out of a speed camera with a lump hammer :pac:
    Why, in your opinion, don't we have a decent road network of good quality roads?
    Because a few trained monkeys would probably run the country better.
    Any other hobbies/sports?
    Yeah, but I don't have much time to myself so they've taken a back seat somewhat. I love reading, true crime, forensic psychology etc., and my chewing gum for the mind is my ROC books :) I can play a few trad instruments, but sure theres no call for me to be playing these days. I'm kinda getting into photography. I lurk over in photography, we got some talented boardsers :) I play pitch & putt if I have time and weather allowing. I wouldn't mind getting into golf properly.
    What phone do you have / if iPhone/android, why did you pick that one over the other?
    I've a 3Gs. I got it earlier this year from Adverts. I don't really know a lot about phones and what's available, deliberate ignorance on my part. I just thought I check out the iphone and see what all the fuss is about, and tbh, I'd be lost without it now.
    Slightly more serious questions:

Do you think the presidency actually serves any purpose in this country?

I think this covers it >_>

girl-shrugging.jpg
    Do you think the shíte broadcast on all forms of RTÉ (tv, radio, etc) is worth the €380 Million per year it costs to run?
    No.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    What was the last childish thing you've done?

I can't really think of anything. Can road rage be called a strop? :pac:

I openly admit I'm a bit road ragey :o It's not my fault though, stupid people drive ye to it! Whenever I've someone with me in the car, I'm always told to take a breather because I get so wound up.

Take this morning for example, theres a set of traffic lights that I have to go through every morning, and the green light is quite short. The town gets clogged up by parents bringing their brats to school, and I swear tah fuck... they're the doziest bunch of **** ever. *breathes* :pac:

They actually just SIT there when theres a green light, and just as it's about to change again they move. Well I lose all fuckin reason :pac:

People that don't indicate or use a roundabout correctly will eventually cause me to have a Falling Down moment..
    What's the fastest you've ever driven?
    I don't know what you mean, I'm a law abiding citizen :pac:

Whats your favourite food after a night out?
    I'm not mad about falling into chippers after a night out. I'd rather incorporate food into the night out. You'll normally find me in an Italian restaurant somewhere.

Aye, I'm a fan alright. Heading to Spa next year and Monaco too.

I have to admit, Hamilton is my favourite, although my all time favourite is Senna.

Get out :pac: I dunno, he just has a massive chip on his shoulder. pretty boy needs to sort out his face, that 'designer' (could you call it a beard?) beard of his is ghey as fook.

I'm insanely jealous btw >.< Bring me with you to Monaco :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Why do you keep saying "boardsers" when the term we've been using for over 10 years is Boardsies?

What's your favourite forum?

What forum would you nuke from orbit given the chance?

What forum would you create if given the chance?

Shiminay wrote: »
    Why do you keep saying "boardsers" when the term we've been using for over 10 years is Boardsies?
    Is there a particular reason why you think I should conform to the 'norm'?

I couldn't care less what anyone else is doing.

What's your favourite forum?
    AH & TLI tie.
    What forum would you nuke from orbit given the chance?
    If I don't like I forum I don't go into it, nuking not required. I don't have an irrational hate for any forum, sorry.
    What forum would you create if given the chance?

See the sig. If created, I think it will be a great resource for people separating, divorcing and how to handle the issue with their children, if any.

Get out :pac: I dunno, he just has a massive chip on his shoulder. pretty boy needs to sort out his face, that 'designer' (could you call it a beard?) beard of his is ghey as fook.

I'm insanely jealous btw >.< Bring me with you to Monaco :pac:

I'll consider it. You're lucky I haven't booked Monaco yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

1. Abz, you know I <3 ya, but lately, whenever I watch S&TC, Samantha has been reminding me of someone... and it's the Abzter.

Is that a good or a bad thing IYO? :o
    Btw, I think Samantha's awesome. But you're a sweeter version.

2. Would you ever dye your hair black?

Would you go for Aidan over Big?

What about that Russian lad, would get a look in?

:eek:

I said Samantha, not Carrie! Don't insult poor Abi!

Dudess wrote: »
    1. Abz, you know I <3 ya, but lately, whenever I watch S&TC, Samantha has been reminding me of someone... and it's the Abzter.
    Oh god.. you DID NOT just comparing me to a SATC broad, did you?! :D

I abhor that programme! though I have seen the odd episode of it with the sister, and she threatened to not talk to me anymore unless I saw that film with her. It was the premiere night too, I won't even describe the scene around me >.<

Is that a good or a bad thing IYO? :o
    Btw, I think Samantha's awesome. But you're a sweeter version.

Good or a bad thing? well... I think that would depend on which of her traits you think are similar to mine :p

From what I gather of her, she seems like a fiesty sort. I've heard this about me, and a bit of a 'wild card'.

I don't advocate sleeping around though, which she seems quite fond of. Some may think that's an old-fashioned view, but it's mine and it's not going to change. I've at least a good friendship established prior to sleeping with someone. In the past I've lost respect for women I know that have a tendency to bed-hop. That may make me sound judgmental, but they're my standards.

/shrug
    2. Would you ever dye your hair black?

I did have, for a long time. Apparently it suited me too :)

:eek:
    I said Samantha, not Carrie! Don't insult poor Abi!

My question stands, it's general, there's no character attachment going on here.
    No siree.

Would you go for Aidan over Big?
    Aidan seemed like a good guy. 'big' was an arsehole.
    What about that Russian lad, would get a look in?

No, he was pompous because he had money, and was demanding of Carrie (he got her to move to paris or something).

Russian guy was obnoxious and arrogant.
    Oh god.. you DID NOT just comparing me to a SATC broad, did you?! :D

I abhor that programme!
    Yeah I abhor a lot of the messages it sends out, and the way it's viewed as so positive for women (me box) but I do enjoy the entertainment factor - it can be funny. The first film though - I've just seen bits of it and it seems atrocious. Wouldn't watch the second one - what I know of it offends me.
    Good or a bad thing? well... I think that would depend on which of her traits you think are similar to mine :p
    She's very positive, fun-loving, warm, quick, sexay, fond of the auld innuendo :pac:, filthy mouth, gives off a "Don't mess with me" vibe but very sweet and kind ultimately.
    I don't advocate sleeping around though, which she seems quite fond of. Some may think that's an old-fashioned view, but it's mine and it's not going to change.
    Ah yeah, I didn't mean that side to Samantha :pac: - it doesn't look like a realistic representation of a highly sexed woman anyway. I just feel kinda sore watching her tbh... :eek:
    I did have, for a long time. Apparently it suited me too :)
    So you had hair of black and perky rack?

Fun ain't it...? ;)

My question stands, it's general, there's no character attachment going on here.
    No siree.
    Ah yeah, was only messin'. :)

Carrie's character is vile though.

Russian guy was obnoxious and arrogant.
    Thats what I got from him too.
    Yeah I abhor a lot of the messages it sends out, and the way it's viewed as so positive for women (me box) but I do enjoy the entertainment factor - it can be funny. The first film though - I've just seen bits of it and it seems atrocious. Wouldn't watch the second one - what I know of it offends me.

I dunno, the whole thing does my face in. The obsession Carrie has with clothes, the squealing when she gets.. I duno, a pair of fucking shoes or something - well it's a bit air-headed to me. Didn't she cheat with the prick on Aidan or something? I'm trying to remember bits of it. My sister watched it, I got drunk to watch it :pac: I hate that shit, if it's not right then end it.

What do you call the brown haired one? She was obsessed with getting married and babies and ****. The whole thing just annoys me, it portrays women as air-headed, that we're all marriage and babies obsessed, and the need to 'hang out with the girlies'. Hanging with 'girlies' would be my idea of hell tbh.
    She's very positive, fun-loving, warm, quick, sexay, fond of the auld innuendo :pac:, filthy mouth, gives off a "Don't mess with me" vibe but very sweet and kind ultimately.
    I can live with that :D

Tah <3
    Ah yeah, I didn't mean that side to Samantha :pac: - it doesn't look like a realistic representation of a highly sexed woman anyway. I just feel kinda sore watching her tbh... :eek:
    It would give ya a John Wayne just looking at her >.<
    So you had hair of black and perky rack?

Fun ain't it...? ;)

Yup :pac:
    Ah yeah, was only messin'. :)

Carrie's character is vile though.

She really is. She chain smokes as well, which I think is disgusting. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand seeing a woman smoking, it just looks foul. I also find it amusing that she wore stupidly expensive clothes while doing so.

(Sorry if you smoke, or anyone else here does - it's just a peeve of mine)

• Advertisement

Buying my race ticket for Monaco within the next 2 weeks, possibly a tiny bit sooner if it looks like the stand is going to sell out. Will be sitting just past La Rascasse, at the pit entry.

You better get the baby oil and bikini if you are still expecting me to bring you with me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement