Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ce4701

Options
  • 23-10-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Can any1 tell me how tuff the computer programing autumn test will be? I'm a mature student in first year doing computer programing and I'm trying to find out what I'm up against. John Nelson is the lecturer.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

I did the same exam last year, it shouldn't be challenging at all if you've been paying attention up to this point!

Just be familiar with the basic theory like what statements like "while" and "if" do, what UML stands for, etc. The rest is completing bits of basic code or predicting the output of a given piece of code. There's usually a question about get and set methods too.

It's nothing to be worried about anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jimmyd87

Cheers, really appreciate your input, that makes me feel better! I'm trying my ****n heart out tbh!!!

Just startin to make sense now in week seven!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Just like Squarewave said, it shouldn't be challenging if you pay attention. And if you have any difficulty understanding any of it, do not be afraid of approaching John Nelson, hes one of the nicest, most helpful lecturers that I have come across! As long as he can see that you are putting in some effort, he will have no problem helping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PROGRAM_IX

If you're having trouble with some of the actual programming and don't feel like approaching a lecturer you can always drop in to the ICT Learning Centre in the Computer Science Building. I work there and we get a fair few people from that module every year. I've got a feeling more would come if they knew about it, but I'm not sure. There's definitely a Peer Supported Learning Group aimed at the module, and the timetabled drop-in people will always be happy to help you. Just ask Clem (the guy in the office in there) if you don't see anyone obviously giving help. He'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

The best thing to do just like in any other module is to do as many exam papers as possible, because they tend to have similar layouts and you get a good idea of the questions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement