Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding Study

• 23-10-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I am just finding it so hard to actually sit down and open a book when I get home from school in the evenings. I am repeating my leaving cert simply because I behaved exactly the same the last time and did nothing. I thought this time round I would be determind to concentrate and study but I simply cannot stop avoiding the books. I always seem to end up in a friends house or gallivanting to the shops or going out for lunch just to avoid study. How do I combat this jow that I still have time before it's too late? I really need to put the work in as I am doing alot of Honours subject's and two new ones at that :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ask yourself the question: Do I want to repeat a third time?

I know how you feel though, this is my first time doing the leaving but my motivation isn't great. I just think about college, and then the thoughts of doing all this again scares me! :P plus I think about how crap it'll feel to open up the exam papers and know absolutely nothing!! Really it's about getting motivated to do the study.

Advertisement