Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Place to get reliable NES pin connectors, anyone?

• 23-10-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Been looking for a replacement pin connector for my NES (also for my friend's NES) as it is grey screening everything except Final Fantasy. I got some off ebay that lasted all of 2 weeks before they failed. Been doing some reading and retro-minded people generally seem to think the average new replacement pin connector off ebay has, at best, a 55% chance of working. Does anyone know anywhere with more reliable connectors? Don't fancy getting burned again but also don't want to have to use my new mint boxed NES (which always works first time).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I repaired mine with a pin with a bent tip and never had any trouble again 2 years on.
    I've seen gold ones for sale too although It didnt say if they were plated or not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

WWW.Rewind-bits.co.uk bought em off there loads of times, very reliable. Sometimes though if you are getting the grey screen, you might need to remove one of the pins (The Region Free Mod) To fix it too. it helps with that issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    WWW.Rewind-bits.co.uk bought em off there loads of times, very reliable. Sometimes though if you are getting the grey screen, you might need to remove one of the pins (The Region Free Mod) To fix it too. it helps with that issue.

I'll second those, & in fact boardsie's get a 10% discount by way of a discount code :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Oh, sweet. Where/how do i get the code? Wish i'd known about it before i bought a bunch of tools off them a couple weeks ago... Don't think i saw any pin connectors there but i'll have another look.

Advertisement