Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging Art in The City

Options
  • 23-10-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone know if any cafés/restaurants/pubs in the city hang local artists art on their premises by any chance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭dodger50

I've seen art hanging in Quay CoOp, Sullivan's Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Cork Coffee Roasters do as well, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

The Student Centre in UCC has regular exhibitions and always has art hanging in Café Oasis. I'd say the Glucksman also would stage exhibitions, but I'd imagine that the UCC Student Centre would be a good way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Thanks lads.

I knew about CCR and the Student Centre but CCR have a waiting list and in UCC They've had their exhibition walls painted over with graffiti so that's a no for now.

Thanks for the replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Felinis on Carey's lane hang and sell work too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

If you're a past student of UCC try getting on to the Electrical Engineering department. The Elec Eng building almost always has art hanging on it's walls. I was talking to a security guard about it and supposedly it's a retired Elec Eng department head who organises it. He was doing the art buying and showing for UCC long before the Glucksman was even thought of. He's aparently made UCC a fair bit of money from what he's bought for them. And I have to say, the art he has shown in the Elec Eng building is really top notch stuff. I used love going in there and looking at what was bought for it.

I'd say if you can ring the Elec Eng department and ask them about it. They have a fairly substantial list of viewers and buyers who go to openings there and it's a good way to get your art viewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Might be worth trying the CAT Club - I've seen a lot of art work on the walls there. Judes

Advertisement