Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most hands on computer course ?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hey guys.

i'm currently doing IT in WIT and i hate it, i want to change next year i love the hardware side of things but my current course is all software biased

Any idea's on a hardware biased course

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

To be honest OP, any computer course worth its salt is going to be software biased. Programming etc. is the core of computer science in my opinion and that's where any jobs are going to be. Knowing your hardware is important but it's a fairly small area in the overall scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Every computer science course is different in each of the universities and IT's. They have a different emphasise in each course some will concentrate on design others it be programming others its very general others its more specific. Computer science is generally fairly general and broad compared to software development courses.

There are IT Security related courses. I think there is one in LIT be worth looking into it. They would cover more hardware related stuff rather than have a software focus.

Advertisement