Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loads of "call me" texts

Options
  • 23-10-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Getting a load of teses from 35386552791. always the same number which is unknown to me. Is there a known scam like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Someone wants you to call them, you could give it a go and ask them to stop sending you those stupid texts, no scam just someone on o2 with no credit that probably knows you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 franbemadd

At least 10 today, half a dozen yesterday, more over the last few days. Plenty of opportunity for anyone who knows me to get credit. I wondered if it was a way of getting me to pay for premium calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

give it a call but put a 5 in it 086"5"552791, if there's a voicemail set up you'll hear it...might give you a clue, doubt it's a premium line, could be a friend stuck in a ditch with a broken leg that can't get credit, give it a call:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That no. is not a correct mobile no. All Irish mobiles have 7 digits after the providers prefix. Dodgy, but as Drunkmonkey has advised , if you put in the "5" it will hide your no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

prefixing with #31# blocks your number
    Putting 5 after the mobile prefix just connects you to voicemail (except on Three Mobile)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

just dont bother answering or txting they will go away eventually

Advertisement