Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wedding at knightsbrook hotel

• 23-10-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi
    I am looking at having our wedding reception in the Knightsbrook hotel in Trim but am concerned that the ballroom is too big. We are inviting around 200 people. Has anyone had their wedding reception here, or been to a wedding here? Whats it like? Does the large ball room kill the atmosphere a bit? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is gorgeous and we loved it but felt it was like a wedding factory.
    On one level this is great because they are experts but on the other they are less flexible and you feel less special.
    The lay out is perfect,I love the room for the drinks reception and love the ball room.
    When they set the ball room up with the few chairs and tables on the end opposite where top table etc is, it looks lovely and not too big at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lovely venue, 200 people should be fine in the room. They might be able to move the top table forward into the room to make it more cosy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

We are having our wedding there but have half the room,we seen it set up for 150 people in the full room and it looked great,they had added sofas and tables around the room which looked like a nice touch so 200 will be perfect in that room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cb2011

the ball room is big we were at one with 250 but they arrranged it well so it looked full nice venue good bar for the reception and the houses on the grounds were good value for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Crazy World

I think its a lovely venue. The staff are great there, on the plus side with the size of the room, the band could have all thier gear set up and it wouldnt affect the ambience in the room. Of course you'd have to ask the band to be set up from earlier i suppose. They will lay the room out to best suit your needs, so just tell them what you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Was at a wedding with roughly 160 at and it looked great, its a fantastic hotel, didn't seem extra big or anything(in saying that i didnt particularly notice if the room size had been altered), staff etc were great from a guests point of view. Dancefloor is big and spacious, i like the way your not ushered out and back like in some places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I think its a lovely venue. The staff are great there, on the plus side with the size of the room, the band could have all thier gear set up and it wouldnt affect the ambience in the room. Of course you'd have to ask the band to be set up from earlier i suppose. They will lay the room out to best suit your needs, so just tell them what you want

band setting up beforehand isnt really necessary, bands should be able to get setup in 45 minutes, which is just enough time post meal and speeches for people to refresh themselves. Bands may also ask for additional fee for this as well due to time involved.

Knightsbrook is a fantastic room for a wedding. 180-200 people is perfect in there for the full room. Theyll half (halve?) the room with dividers for anything less then about 130-140 so it doesn't look sparse, with the stage put at the bar end where the top table is. They know their business well for me.

Advertisement