Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather affecting UPC?

• 23-10-2011 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Probably the weather , my router cant get a WAN IP from their DHCP server

Anyone else affected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

upc is awful in cork at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Last hour my connection has dropped about 5 times, I get the message "No Internet access" then it's back 5 seconds later..with sluggish speeds on and off..gmail wouldn't load fully for me...seems to be stabilizing now and alls good. :)
    Any others experiencing similar tonight?

My lights are flickering now, so i'm guessing it's effecting the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Do you have tv with them? How is its reception? Its not inconceivable that wind or rain could be interfering with where the cable is going into your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Yakuza wrote: »
    Do you have tv with them? How is its reception? Its not inconceivable that wind or rain could be interfering with where the cable is going into your house.

Hi thanks for reply, Everything is good today since the wind died down, no more disconnects for now.
    No I just have the BB and Phone with them. Sky for TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cable connection, probably swinging in the wind. Watch out for issues with water incress could come back again after today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 cloudz

UPC is supposed to be the optical cable runner. Why the service is affected by the weather? That does not make sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

cloudz wrote: »
    UPC is supposed to be the optical cable runner. Why the service is affected by the weather? That does not make sense to me.

If by optical cable runner you mean fibre then fibre only runs to your estate cabinet.

Advertisement