Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers factory

Options
  • 23-10-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the exact location or directions to the Bulmers factory in Clonmel?Is it in an industrial estate or out on it's own?

I have seen pics of the plant and i really want to get a picture with the sign outside the factory,just like many many tourists have got pictures outside St James Gate for that horrid black stuff,as Bulmers has got me drunk nearly every weekend for the last 9 years so i would love to pay homage.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Rud wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the exact location or directions to the Bulmers factory in Clonmel?Is it in an industrial estate or out on it's own?

I have seen pics of the plant and i really want to get a picture with the sign outside the factory,just like many many tourists have got pictures outside St James Gate for that horrid black stuff,as Bulmers has got me drunk nearly every weekend for the last 9 years so i would love to pay homage.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Bulmers has it's own site just outside Clonmel on the Waterford Road on the N24

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The entrance to it is nice as well, with a new wall there etc . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Here you are OP,save you a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Thank you all for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do they do guided tours???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

No they don't,Mind you it seems a regular request.They could be missing a trick.
    I imagine it would be something like this..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

fryup wrote: »
    do they do guided tours???

As CML said, no they don't. I asked last year. Maybe they need to get a few more requests? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I remember going there on a school tour many years ago,and getting Cidona,I thought I was in heaven.There may have been a bag of crisps too:),A trip from Newtown Anner school...long time ago:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I heard from someone who heard from someone else (so in other words, it may not be true!) that Neven Maguire was filming in Bulmers for his new series so that might be another way of getting a look inside the Bulmers factory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Did you get that photo yet?.................you can also take photos of some of their orchards............on the side of the N24.......beside goods entrance to factory..........nice blossoms in spring.............nicely laden apple trees in autumn...............that ad on TV with David Williams was made in one of their orchards on the banks of the river Suir just a few hundred meters from the factory entrance.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Just read the post above and went searching for that ad

Had never seen it before, it's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Xenophile wrote: »
    Did you get that photo yet?.................you can also take photos of some of their orchards............on the side of the N24.......beside goods entrance to factory..........nice blossoms in spring.............nicely laden apple trees in autumn...............that ad on TV with David Williams was made in one of their orchards on the banks of the river Suir just a few hundred meters from the factory entrance.

Correction for future reference: I should have said David McWilliams the very well known economist.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement