Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Set Top Box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I believe a differnet aerial is needed for different parts of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

defike wrote: »

in areas where their is coverage your standard aerial on your van will work fine (not sat dish),the boys over in terrestrial have all the info you would need on saorview,at €50 with a diy 12v lead it sounds like a cheap option if like to watch a bit of tv in the van

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

had a look at their website. cant see the info on 12V.

Are you certain ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

defike wrote: »
    Contrary to what the 'cowboys' in the sat dish / aerial industry would tell you, a regular UHF aerial, pointed in the right direction is all that is needed.
    If you already have one for the existing analogue signal it will also do for new digital (Saorview).

The UHF aerial commonly fitted to caravans and motorhomes is right for the job

SARZY wrote: »
    had a look at their website. cant see the info on 12V.

Are you certain ?
    no im not certain, But if its like the one they did in aldi a while back it should be http://www.akura.com/images/stories/manuals/AVT8010_Instruction_Book.pdf see page 8,

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Will have a close look at it on Thursday. Hopefully it will be the same and work on the 12 volts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

SARZY wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Will have a close look at it on Thursday. Hopefully it will be the same and work on the 12 volts.
    Most of the receivers on the market are the same, just rebadged and possibly slightly different software. Obviously double check, but there's a very good chance.

Was slightly delayed this morning. Got to local LIDL at 9.15am.

ALL GONE.

Met a man who told me he saw several people with an arm full of em.

So they might bring them in again hopefully.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Most of the receivers on the market are the same, just rebadged and possibly slightly different software. Obviously double check, but there's a very good chance.

it is the same as the last one with the 12v input,now i just have to sort out a lead to try it in the van

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

was in there at 9am today all sold by 8.15 they had a limit of 5 per person next time perhaps :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Am i right in saying these are combi units?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

ronan45 wrote: »
    Am i right in saying these are combi units?
    No. The combo receivers are DTT and Satellite. They are not saorview certified (as of yet, one rumoured to be on the way), and don't have the full range of features. Not sure if there's a 12v option, but they are available for under €100.

Advertisement