Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java to exe

Options
  • 24-10-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

I need some tips and advice on making a Java application into a single (Windows) executable.

I can make an executable jar file, but this will not necessarily run on double-click on all systems. For example, on my system, a Nokia app was registered as the app for jar files.

I have used Bat_To_Exe_Converter.exe but this creates a compressed exe which does not allow the utility Resource Hacker to modify the clickable exe icon.

I have tried to use the windows utility iexpress.exe to make an exe which packages the jar along with a bat file which starts the jar file. This exe I can change the icon using Resource Hacker, but I don't like that a console window opens up.

I have also tried using Launch4j but this ends up giving me errors.. .. ..

OK, as I was typing, I got Launch4j to work! My issue was with the JRE path. I just needed to type "bundled JRE path" into the text field titled "bundled JRE path"! :pac: I then set mimimum version of 1.4.2.

http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/docs.html

I'll leave this post anyway in case there is something of interest to someone! :)

Advertisement