Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New File Sharing Website

Options
  • 24-10-2011 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everyone so ive made a new file sharing website. The idea is to have a clean simple site not filled with ads like on some sharing sites ive been on i can hardly tell which button is the download link. Anyway your feedback will be appreciated. :)

http://nextgenupload.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

How does it work?
    What do I get? (in the About but could be more obvious especially as that nav is somewhat out of context and missable)
    Why pay when there's free ones elsewhere?
    What security?
    Why should I trust you?
    Who are you?
    What country are you based in?
    Where's your company registration info (as you are based in Ireland)?
    Can I put a self-destruct time limit on a file?

You need address and explain the above for your users/customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

+1 to tricky D's comments.

To take another angle:
    TeChNiQuEz wrote: »
    The idea is to have a clean simple site not filled with ads like on some sharing sites ive been on i can hardly tell which button is the download link.

How do you plan to monetise the site if you are not ad-supported?

There's a premium service with fees but it's easily missed as the links are not obvious enough (About top lhs/Premium in small bot nav text link).

Also:

Upload filesize 243663.787842 MB 536.102294922 MB
    File space available 8.79609302221E+12 MB 4838.69726562 MB

what are these numbers for those of us too lazy to get our calculators out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TeChNiQuEz

thanks for the feedback. I will update the about section later, also i had already planned on making a more visible premium link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

rite how can you download only by premium??

or if you upload

what do uploaders get/do they get paid for uploading or just you

what kind of server is it run of

what content do you have

you should at least have a search panel

really and i bet nearly everything in your database/server can be found on all other public file sharing sites.......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

The interface itself looks quite dated. For something with 'nextgen' in the domain name I'd have expected much more modern design/styling, leveraging CSS3 to the full.

Even if you're not a CSS or design whizz there are some great generators that will do a lot of the work for you, like bhttp://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/ and http://www.cssbuttongenerator.com/

Look up a few of the Smashing Magazine showcases for design inspiration.

Advertisement