If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod classic

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting an ipod classic this week. I'm gonna bung all my c.d.'s and music off pc onto it and hopefully use a docking station.

What would you recommend ? It's for the living room which is not so big but I do want good sound quality and a bit of volume.
    I'd like one that has radio and also takes an iphone.

do i ask for too much ? lol

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

would I be better dropping into Dame Street to check out some docks or do you not stock them anymore?

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Alzy

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question....
    Call on into The Philips Shop on Dame Street - we have a range of solutions open to you:)

Have a look here for an overview of what we have to offer

Our regular iPod/iPhone speaker docks dont have radio's built into them but you can download the FIDELIO app from the app store and access the TUNEIN Internet radio station - except now that I re-read your header I see you have an iPod classic - this app isnt compatiable with your iPod:o

But how about this??

I have the new DCM3020 that arrive into us last week.
    This is a fantastic micro HiFi with BIG sound
    Its very powerful as well - 60Watts per channel!
    This has a built in CD player - which may be a little redundant for you but also has an FM radio and 2x Aux Line ins and will play nice with your iPod Classic, iTouch, iPhone and iPad!
    You get a Remote as well so you can stay planted on the sofa
    Excellent value at €179.99

As you'll see from the attached spec sheet here the speakers can lay flat so that might help with placement - great sound in a pretty compact(ish) form

To be honest as you mention that you like a bit of Volume this might be one to consider:D

If you are looking for a regular dock the beasts to consider would be either the DS9 at €299.99 or the DS9000 at €449.99 (reduced from €499.99)
    Both are excellent sounding docks and go pretty loud - The DS9000 is actually a wonderful sounding Speaker Dock and extremely well built.

I have all these on display and we would be happy to demo them for you if you bring your iPod in - or I can suject you to my taste in music on my iPod

If you are gouing to make a trip in for one just drop me a line (or buzz me on 01 474 0788) and I can make sure I have the unit you want in stock and set aside for you.

And as ever if you see one that takes your fancy let me know and I'll do a Boardies Special Price on it for you:)

Hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else on our site I can help you with.

ATB
    Ash

Hey Ash ..

thanks very much for replying and indeed all the info.
    I'll have a look at them tonight and will drop in either
    tomorrow or Thursday (weather permitting !!)

cheers
    Al

Morning Ash,

I'll drop in this morning and have a look at the DS9.

see you then

regards
    Al

Hi Al

See you then:)

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,

any sign of my purchase?

regards
    Al

Hi Alan

I'll be collecting your DS9 direct from Philips tomorrow morning - if all goes to plan I should be back to the shop with it around midday.

I'll buzz you once I arrive back with it under my arm
    Very Sorry for the delay in getting this into stock for you:o

See ya tomorrow
    Ash

Hi Ash,

I'll be around town then and will pop in.

thanks
    Al

Hey Ash,

just wanted to say thanks for sorting out the DS9 for me.

Really happy with it and the deal you did for me.
    Anyone who should happen upon this post would do well to contact Ashley and co. when in the market for a docking station.

Thanks again and see you when I need more goods !!

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al

Very glad you are enjoying your new DS9 Dock - it is a cool unit indeed - but you know this:)

It will be my pleasure to look after you next time you need something from us, just let me know.

Have a fun loading up your ipod and blasting it out ofthe DS9

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.