Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Dog - Tullamore

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My girlfriend in Tullamore has lost her dog - I said I'd put up a post in case anyone has seen her.

It's a black dog, with a white chest - a cross between a collie, greyhound and old English Sheepdog. Her name is Coco and she has a blue collar on her with my girlfriend's telephone number on it.

She returned to her house yesterday at about 6pm to find that she was not in her back garden on the Clonminch road. She's very timid. If anyone see's her could you please call the number?

Also, if anyone has any advice on looking for her, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Contact Midlands Radio. www.midlandsradio.fm

Post in the Laois forum also, as (I hope not) someone reported a 'sheepdog' killed in Mountmellick. Doesn't sound like your GFs, but, just in case, you'd want to give the poor divil proper respect.

Post on Twitter (there's a lost pets hashtag, can't think of it)

Post on Facebook as that will get the word around much quicker than Boards.

Post in Credit Union, maybe ask the Clonminch pharmacy if you can post a notice there too.

Hope you find him / her safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mrtulachmhor

99% sure i seen that dog bout 11am this morning as i was driving along by canal towards that sweet shop at putthahan. think the shop is called XL shop. will be driving that way soon and i can keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭blue note

Thanks, I'm heading down to Tullamore now, so I'll check at that side of the town first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mrtulachmhor

would be worth drving through a few of the housing estates up that way. connolly park, thornsberry est, harbour walk etc. hope u find her. i'll def keep an eye out 4 you. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

If you are on facebook there is a page called Tullamore Pictures, and it has LOADS of members, so if you tag them in a post or picture of the dog, it will show up on their wall and everyone linked up to them will see it. Alternatively just contact their admin and ask them to post a picture and details.

Here's a link

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001618770828

• Advertisement

No joy last night - here's a picture of her if anyone spots her.

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/s62wa7

Thanks for the support, so far no joy. But here's a photo if you wouldn't mind passing it on. We're using 0579341188 as a contact number.

101869576532842?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

blue note wrote: »
    Thanks for the support, so far no joy. But here's a photo if you wouldn't mind passing it on. We're using 057934118 as a contact number.

101869576532842?ref=ts

Hi Blue note, number is one digit short. Kind rgds

Amended - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Any luck finding her OP?

Make sure you check the pound daily, if she picked up by the warden and not claimed within 5days she can be put down. Contact Offaly SPCA and put up posters anywhere and everywhere you can.

Also contact all vets in the area, that's the first place I would bring a dog to see if they are microchipped.

She's a beautiful dog and hopefully she'll be home soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Just saw on OSPCAs facebook page that Coco is home safe and sound! That's brilliant news, delighted for ye:)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

So glad to hear that.

Saw the dog yesterday morning on the by-pass. Didn't realise then that she was lost at the time but as soon as I saw this thread yesterday evening I rang the number to let the owners know.

Have been thinking about her ever since.

Any idea where she was found? (not that it matters)

Thanks for the update magentas. Glad the dog was found. :)

Would have been nice if the OP could have thought to come back and update us themselves, seeing as we took the time to reply to them and give them ideas of what to do and who to contact! :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Coco was found on Thursday night on the bypass (near the golf club entrance). She was taken to the vet and she's fine, although she's frighteningly skinny - I suppose she'll build back up the weight over time.

Thank you all for your help and sorry for not posting sooner - I was away for the long weekend.

Advertisement