Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diesel Hose and nozzle

• 24-10-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Spent a while at the weekend building a stand for my 2 ICB diesel tanks ;)
    I'll plaster it up some evening during the week and it'll be all ready to go in the next week or 2. Decided to have 1 of the tanks for the tractors and one for the 4x4.

My next problem is the hose and nozzle and the filter. Can anyone suggest where I could buy 2 of these at a keen price? Its important that I have the filter too. The diesel supplier does not supply them!

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

hi Reilig, would you not try and pick up an electric diesel pump? there about 100 - 140 euro and that way you onl need the one to operage both. I think they operate off a 12v battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

hi Reilig, would you not try and pick up an electric diesel pump? there about 100 - 140 euro and that way you onl need the one to operage both. I think they operate off a 12v battery.

I would be interested. But would the white diesel not then be contaminated with the green stuff. Would I not still need 2 separate pumps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

im almost sure that the pumps empty themselves out after there switched off. its a few years since i used on to top up the farm master.

oh cross contaiminated diesel. The night i was working in my college job and a haulier put 1200 litres of green diesel in the lorry and 200 white in the fridge. i called the local guard told him the craic and said to write down the details and when tank on the lorry was almost empty next drain them and clean them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

See here http://www.genfitt.ie/Online_Catalogue/Default.311.html and click on 'garage and workshop'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

I bought a hose and filter from these. They were cheaper than the supplier round here.

http://www.rotech.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

towzer2010 wrote: »
    I bought a hose and filter from these. They were cheaper than the supplier round here.

http://www.rotech.ie/

we bought the ac pump and in line water/dirt filter from them also ,

no problems when we changed over the new diesel eventhough the tanks were quite old and don't have to change the tractor fuel filters only very rarely now

reilig

I would seriously consider doing likewise , you may think you are having no problems with fuel but a few years down the road may be a different story if you have to overhaul injectors and / or injector pump

I done it on the advise of my contractor who is in line filtering his fuel for a few years and never has any issues with modern common rail systems when others are spending hundreds on repairs

about €300 to €400 would set up a complete filtering, pumping system with automatic cut off nozzle,

EDIT , re read op and see you are fitting the filter, I would consider the pump also as you can use the best filter with pump in line and if the filter get clogged the pump cuts out, just have a pare element and fit only when needed

I am not a fan of the 12v dc pumps if possible , best to leave those for field use only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

snowman707 wrote: »
    we bought the ac pump and in line water/dirt filter from them also ,

no problems when we changed over the new diesel eventhough the tanks were quite old and don't have to change the tractor fuel filters only very rarely now

reilig

I would seriously consider doing likewise , you may think you are having no problems with fuel but a few years down the road may be a different story if you have to overhaul injectors and / or injector pump

I done it on the advise of my contractor who is in line filtering his fuel for a few years and never has any issues with modern common rail systems when others are spending hundreds on repairs

about €300 to €400 would set up a complete filtering, pumping system with automatic cut off nozzle,

EDIT , re read op and see you are fitting the filter, I would consider the pump also as you can use the best filter with pump in line and if the filter get clogged the pump cuts out, just have a pare element and fit only when needed

I am not a fan of the 12v dc pumps if possible , best to leave those for field use only

I will definitely be going inline filtering for both. I'll consider the pump if I can get it at the right price.

Thanks for the links Guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Advertisement