Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster flooding - 24th October 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Holy fúck! That's a serious design flaw!
    Another victim of the building boom!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

my WHOLE neighbourhood is flooded.. very lucky to have not been affected...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Glenvw

Very sad to hear about guard who lost his life. My thoughts are with his family. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

A big blob of precip is going to move over the country overnight, unforecast.

I wonder will it hit the east? touch and go.

Ya WC was just about to post that - what do you think ??
    WHats the wind direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Can you please resize your pictures before you post?

will do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

dbyrne wrote: »
    apologies for asking, I have to get back to Dublin, templeogue 2 moro from donegal. I was going to go tonight but I decided there is no point in another car joining the bad roads. would you suggest hitting dublin around 6.30 or 7 or better to leave and hit dublin around 11 or 12

The latter I'd say, the citys a mess at the moment, flood waters are receeding (here at least), but I'd guess there will still be enough problems around to make an early rush hour difficult tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Another victim of the building boom!

Any idea of the river levels here? Just saw the pics of Drogheda, tempted to head down and see myself how high the river is, see if maybe I should put everything above head height before bed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭septictank

Anyone know what the Phoenix Park is like

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

dbyrne wrote: »
    apologies for asking, I have to get back to Dublin, templeogue 2 moro from donegal. I was going to go tonight but I decided there is no point in another car joining the bad roads. would you suggest hitting dublin around 6.30 or 7 or better to leave and hit dublin around 11 or 12

i SAID it before and so i say again , whoever gives the answer to this will they also b so kind and give me the euro lotto numbers for same day as Mr Crystal ball, I thank u......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

big blob going nowhere near dublin, it'll hit the munster coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Not wrote: »
    The latter I'd say, the citys a mess at the moment, flood waters are receeding (here at least), but I'd guess there will still be enough problems around to make an early rush hour difficult tomorrow morning.

But HIgh TIde in the Morning coupled with run off lag... now thats the main worry!... roads away from rivers/canals should be ok though...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

septictank wrote: »

That's a bit premature Micheal D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The giraffes should be ok

YEP, its very big , great for picnics and theres also a zoo and a very big house ........

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Knowing Dundrum they open the top two floors is that's all that's salvageable...

Doubt it, cannot run the lifts or the escalators, electrics and water don't mix kindly together. Insurance people won't allow it either

nutgrove ave is flooded near grange road, whitechurch at the tuning fork, dodder park road and lower dodder park road flooded. where the owendoher meets the dodder at springfield ave flooded, woodview cottages flooded.all in rathfarnham.

All areas that used to flood badly and routinely during heavy rain in the 80s. I wonder how the houses built on Dodder Road in dip where the caravan sales place used to be are getting on ? Always seemed to me to be an insane place to build houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone been in Blackrock today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The giraffes should be ok

POST OF THE DAY!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Looking at MO radar...it looks the blob is heading right for the east on the loop ...is it due a shift away?

• Advertisement

Fiskar wrote: »
    Doubt it, cannot run the lifts or the escalators, electrics and water don't mix kindly together. Insurance people won't allow it either

Easy answer : ladders x 500 , problem solved...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Fiskar wrote: »

& sweet baby jesus what an insurance claim it will be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭septictank

Ok ok stupid question, guess I'll find out in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

anyone been in Blackrock today?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Nowhere near as bad as elsewhere, but went for a wee walk with MrH2U round the block but our walk was cut short so took a vid instead.

(Please note I'm not laughing at the poor drivers - it's an excited/nervous giggle that I get when strange situations occur !) yes I did call one driver a nkob for driving too fast

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

i SAID it before and so i say again , whoever gives the answer to this will they also b so kind and give me the euro lotto numbers for same day as Mr Crystal ball, I thank u......................

royalflush I dont think that is a fair comment that you have used several times to different posters. I am asking people in dublin what it is like, people on the ground can always give a better answer than those looking smartly from the outside.
    I am 3 hours away so I cant tell what it is like. I am on holidays this week but my job is flooded, they are still trying to get the water out, I am going back to try to help clean up. After talking to my neighbours some if their houses are flooded, mine is not thankfully that I can tell. There are alot of people who are outside dublin and stuck on flooded roads wondering if there houses are ok, families are ok and that they will have jobs to go to in the morning to go to! How many people are going to get into work in the morning, lift the shutters and find that their businesses are destroyed.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    But HIgh TIde in the Morning coupled with run off lag... now thats the main worry!... roads away from rivers/canals should be ok though...

Could this affect the Poddle ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

John.Icy wrote: »
    Looking at MO radar...the blob is heading right for the east on the loop seemingly...is it due a shift away?

i doubt it will go up the e. coast, it'll most likely hit munster/south leinster...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its five to midnight which means its time to head to Met Eireann on Radion 1....

Advertisement