Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating outlines in Illustrator..

Options
  • 24-10-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

Im sending my artwork via pdf to print and I was told to embed the files. However Im not sure how to do this and have read that to do it on Illustrator the easiest ways is to create outlines. However when I do this, some of the letters in my artwork become a bit distorted. The 'L's' are thicker than the rest of the font. Would really appreciate if anyone knows how to do this properly on Illustrator..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

What programme have you used to create the artwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

Adobe Illustrator CS5

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Are the Ls appearing thicker in your PDF or are they thicker when you print out your PDF?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

It may be just the screen view. Lines in pdf's can look very thick when viewed on screen. Print the pdf to get a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Third Eye wrote: »
    It may be just the screen view. Lines in pdf's can look very thick when viewed on screen. Print the pdf to get a better idea.

This ^^. Outlined fonts can look terrible when viewed on screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 derekjones

The artwork will print fine with fonts converted to outlines - if you zoom right into the PDF - you will see that everything is ok.

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

thanks everyone. its printing out fine!

Advertisement