Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Pack of Denny Rashers only contained 5?

Options
  • 24-10-2011 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi all,

As ridiculous this might appear I am actually a little annoyed. As the title says I purchased a 6 pack of denny rashers and as I put on pan this morning there was only 5 in pack. THe reason I was a litte anooyed was there was I was cooking for 3 hence I got only one of them!

Anyway of course I'm not going complaining to the local Dunnes for selling them nor am I bothered to contact the company. Has anyone else experienced this?

Johnny Toddski

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your first mistake was having 1 for yourself, Should of had 2, feck anyone else :D

Secondly Im sure this thing happens machines are not totally infallible. Contact the provider and get some vouchers.

If it annoyed you that much why would you not contact them. Im sure youll need the packet as it has a batch number etc on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

It was a sign OP to lay off the rashers, 1 is too many!

Seriously though contact them if you are that annoyed, whats the worst that could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

listermint wrote: »
    Your first mistake was having 1 for yourself, Should of had 2, feck anyone else :D

Secondly Im sure this thing happens machines are not totally infallible. Contact the provider and get some vouchers.

If it annoyed you that much why would you not contact them. Im sure youll need the packet as it has a batch number etc on it.

As stated It annoyed me a little not "that much".

Seriously though could you be ar$ed contacting them? They would hardly reply to a missing rasher?

It was a sign OP to lay off the rashers, 1 is too many!

Seriously though contact them if you are that annoyed, whats the worst that could happen.

True perhaps but I had about 12 pints of stout last night and couldnt resist...Back in the fart sack now thank god :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No harm sending an email to let them know it happened, might get a rasher back in the post! :D

• Advertisement

No harm sending an email to let them know it happened, might get a rasher back in the post! :D

I think I will mail them. I took the time to post here, why not..

Looked at their website.Theres no Contact Us link.

Thats the end of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

There is Johnny,look at the very bottom of the page,''Contact Denny''

UrbanSea wrote: »
    There is Johnny,look at the very bottom of the page,''Contact Denny''

Oops missed that one. Mail sent. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Funny u should bring this up....i had a similar "missing item" from a purchase i made over the weekend

bought a "Happy Halloween" sign in M&S. Got home put it up...thought it looked great- until we noticed the Y is missing :(

for €2 i couldnt be bothered going back to them...hell its just coz the OP had a missing thing i mention it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

The Swines.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some people can't be relied upon to bring home the bacon.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I had the opposite last week.

Said 8 rashers I got 9 :D Was one of those Tesco breakfast 5 euro packs

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have nothing helpful to add, then please don't post.

OP - contact the manufacturers. Only they can offer assistance.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Arses slapped, back on topic.
    Johnny will you let us know how you get on, would like to see how this pan's out. Maybe e mail the Kerry group telling them that your not sure if you should have sent your complaint to them as they control the brand, "Sorry, what complaint" being the answer your looking for.
    Que Denny van outside with a delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

isn't there usually some sort of disclaimer on the pack re contents? OP were the 5 larger than normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Some producers use the words "Average content 6" etc, but you would think as the market leader that they could do better, what is acceptable 5, 4, 1 gammon steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No1J wrote: »
    Some producers use the words "Average content 6"
    Yeah, often they cover themselves but usually it would be correct on items less than 10. Meat is usually sold by weight so you might have got 5 slices from a wider section of meat, so even though they are the same thickness they might have been the correct weight.

I root through chicken fillets in dunnes as often you can get packs of far bigger ones, e.g. they might all say 454g but I have got ones and weighed them at home and they were far heavier. Same with donuts in tesco, they are so cheap they must be just lashing them in, I get extra ones free the odd time. I flick through ham in lidl to find ones with little or no fat, they have them stacked like flicking through records/cds in a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

rubadub is on it! The product is packaged by weight, so it'd have to be underweight for you to have a claim IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

JohnnyTodd wrote: »
    I purchased a 6 pack of denny rashers and as I put on pan this morning there was only 5 in pack

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

UglyBolloxFace warned for ignoring my previous posts.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thousands of packets a day go down the production line, there will always be a few which slip through

You were correct to send that email, they will likely send you some vouchers
    Even if decide you have no claim they may still give you vouchers.

If you don't ask you don't get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does it have "6" written on the pack? if so there should be 6 and the weight is irrelevant.

Anyhow, I'll bet you they send you vouchers for Denny/Kerry foods products, all around to your gaf for breakfast !
    Maybe e mail the Kerry group telling them that your not sure if you should have sent your complaint to them as they control the brand

Had reason to e-mail them before (after much hassle trying to get an e-mail address for them) and they took an age to respond, better go to Denny if you can.

Advertisement