Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

Skinfull wrote: »
    Hey, I hate to start a whole new spate of question and answer posts... and yes, your post is pretty clear! But can you clarify pleeeeease!

Cancel netflix on the website? Then go to console and sign up while on US DNS settings? Or are you talking about PC interface only? A queue, would be a godsend!!!

On your PC, reset the DNS settings back to normal so that you can sign into your Irish account where you just cancel your subscription. You'll get an email from them confirming it a minute or so later. Once you've canceled you set the DNS back to the Unblock us, Playmo so that you can access the US store on your PC. You then sign up for a new account.

the queue is then accessible on all versions, PC, PS3, Xbox. It's as simple as pressing a button on your Xbox controller to add a title to your queue.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What the hell were they thinking not putting a queue system on here when they already have one in place on the US interface?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is there anything on the Irsh site that isn't on the American one that's worth watching? I always go straight into the US one and haven't looked at the Irish site since I signed up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There are a few thing, yeah. Also some things are HD on the Irish catalogue that are only SD on the US one (and severely cropped in some cases), and vice versa of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What the hell were they thinking not putting a queue system on here when they already have one in place on the US interface?

baffles me too. No reason to omit it after pitching and advertising the service everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The queue is for DVD rentals, which they aren't offering here.

There's also a queue for the streaming titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Boss expires sometime within the next 24 hours, allowing for time difference. Might be a good idea to start a marathon if you haven't checked it out. Still have 3 episodes to watch myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's also a queue for the streaming titles.

The queue system works for streaming, but was built from the technology they had in place for the DVD rental service. Since they're not offering the same thing over here, porting it across is non-trivial.

I've posted a question about this on their Facebook wall and they've said they're working on it, but they didn't give a deadline so I assume it's one of those "when it works it'll get rolled out".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I noticed something new last night while watching Supernatural when the episode ended instead of getting the usual Netflix screen where you have to click on watch next episode I got a screen where there was a little countdown click stating when next episode is starting.

THought this was very handy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

advice please..........I'm on Digiweb wireless broadband, its just 1 mb download, will netflix work for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

MidlandsM wrote: »
    advice please..........I'm on Digiweb wireless broadband, its just 1 mb download, will netflix work for me?

Yeah should do. I was in my dads house the other day and signed my account into his Wii and it worked perfectly. he has only a 1MB Eircom line, with notoriously bad signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

On your PC, reset the DNS settings back to normal so that you can sign into your Irish account where you just cancel your subscription. You'll get an email from them confirming it a minute or so later. Once you've canceled you set the DNS back to the Unblock us, Playmo so that you can access the US store on your PC. You then sign up for a new account.

the queue is then accessible on all versions, PC, PS3, Xbox. It's as simple as pressing a button on your Xbox controller to add a title to your queue.

Ah ok, thanks. So this will only be effective then if you are using the playmo unblock method as opposed to the console DNS re-route method.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is there anything on the Irsh site that isn't on the American one that's worth watching? I always go straight into the US one and haven't looked at the Irish site since I signed up

Requiem For A Dream, The Station Agent, Fargo and O Brother, Where Art Thou, plus The Great Escape and Where Eagles Dare are a few I noticed on Irish version that aren't on other one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just noticed its started automatically playing the next episode on shows now.

Skinfull wrote: »
    Ah ok, thanks. So this will only be effective then if you are using the playmo unblock method as opposed to the console DNS re-route method.

If you sign up for a free trial on Unblock us and create your US Netflix account you can change your DNS back to normal and get the US store on your console through the DNS setting. I assume that you'll be able to sign up through your PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Why won't subtitles work on Internal Affairs? Am the only one having this problem?

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Why won't subtitles work on Internal Affairs? Am the only one having this problem?

they work for me, just checked it there. didn't have to turn them on or anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just noticed its started automatically playing the next episode on shows now.

I think it's doing that for a while? Meant I ended up watching more Arrested Development than I should have :/

I think it's doing that for a while? Meant I ended up watching more Arrested Development than I should have :/

Thats what i thought too but I remember someone complaining that it didn't do it. I'm pretty sure it stopped doing it for a while on me though, might be when I'm on the american one only though.

• Advertisement

They work on the website but not on the PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Quick question.

I have a mac mini connected to my big tv running plea, which is great for all my stored stuff.

By using unblock us DNS settings, I'm able to install & configure the netflix app. When I log in, I can see previously viewed (there's also an option to "add to streaming queue"), I can also browse the US catalogue, however, when I go to watch anything, it looks like it's starting to buffer & then nothing happens. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just like to say that to access the US Netflix you do not require an account with services such as unblock-us or playmo, so the FAQ in the first post is slightly misleading.

On my WII, I can get Netflix US simply by changing my DNS settings.

I accept for other platforms you may need these services , but the impression I get from reading this thread is they are mandatory.

bullpost wrote: »
    Just like to say that to access the US Netflix you do not require an account with services such as unblock-us or playmo, so the FAQ in the first post is slightly misleading.

On my WII, I can get Netflix US simply by changing my DNS settings.

I accept for other platforms you may need these services , but the impression I get from reading this thread is they are mandatory.

What are you changing your DNS to??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

What are you changing your DNS to??

I'm not paying anything either. I assumed everybody else was the same. The link to the DNS settings has been posted about a hundred times.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

They worked for Oldboy on the PS3?

bullpost wrote: »

I presume its staying free on the PS3 only though right?
    I'm not paying anything either. I assumed everybody else was the same. The link to the DNS settings has been posted about a hundred times.

Yeah I know but I could only get it free for a week. I thought this was the case with everyone who's not using a PS3

They worked for Oldboy on the PS3?

I haven't tried Oldboy. I was referring specifically to Infernal Affairs. I think it's just a problem with the PS3 app. Most subtitled films are okay.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know but I could only get it free for a week. I thought this was the case with everyone who's not using a PS3
    Yeah I think it's just the PS3. I should have said that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement