Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music sheet help

Options
  • 24-10-2011 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am learning to play the penny whistle and really want the notes for haul away, south australia and old maui can anyone help,
    ideally the letters/or finger placement sheets as I cannot read music
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

http://unitedireland.tripod.com/tinwhistlesongs/south_australia_tin_whistle_sheet_music.html

A quick Google search threw that up, however as everyone sings in different keys, don't expect that to fit in everywhere. The fingering here will be in D assuming you're using a D whistle. You should start now learning to play by ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mercey

thank you for replying, thats really helpful, I have looked in google but wasn't quite sure what to google so came up with some really random stuff that made no sense
    when you say play/learn by ear, do you mean listen to the music and try to go along with it? sorry for being dumb this is totally new to me :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

mercey wrote: »
    when you say play/learn by ear, do you mean listen to the music and try to go along with it? sorry for being dumb this is totally new to me :)

Yes, exactly. It takes practice but well worth it.

Advertisement