Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just built my first pc and have a crossfire question

Options
  • 24-10-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

So i've built my first pc, and got two 6870's. However neither came with an interconnect bridge.

my mother board is an ASUS p8z68-vlx and it says its crossfirex ready. I was wondering do i need the interconnect bridge or can they be crossfired through the motherboard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

they can work without the bridge cable I've heard but you lose something like 15% performance. there is another thread here with people looking for spare cables. if you're in limerick ill throw you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm in louth but thanks for the offer mate.

I suppose I'll see if i can hunt one down from a shop here if not i'll have to order off hte net! =[

EDIT: Is this somethin I could find in shops or is it sometihn i'll need order over the net

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056421206

Marco Polo and TeaBag offered me theirs, but I now no longer need it as I came accross an amazing PC Store in Stockholm when I was there last week, and picked up a Bridge.

Advertisement