Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel and Pallet Delivery in Ireland

Options
  • 24-10-2011 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there,

I am looking for recommendations for both parcel delivery and pallet delivery services in Ireland. Collection would be from our storage near Dublin Airport and onwards throughout Ireland.

I have spoken so far to Nightline but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to who else to speak to?

Regards,
    Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

lmartin wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking for recommendations for both parcel delivery and pallet delivery services in Ireland. Collection would be from our storage near Dublin Airport and onwards throughout Ireland.

I have spoken so far to Nightline but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to who else to speak to?

Regards,
    Liam

Nightline or DPD will be the cheapest and most reliable, both have good track and trace capabilites and customer service. You can great value from either depending on your shipping requirements/volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

For single parcel delivery - nightline / dpd / an post are market leaders.

For multiple parcel deliveries to single address - DPD / Nightline

For pallet delivery, someone like Primeline.

Another thing to consider is who is nearest you - collection costs can be almost deleted if you are in same estate as one of the carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi

We use GLS for parcel deliveries €5.50 ex vat for 30kg anywhere in the country, find them very reliable too. We used to use fastway but GLS came in at nearly half the price!

For pallets we use a company called prompto in Cork. We use them for collections and deliveries here and in the uk.

Rob

rob316 wrote: »
    Hi

We use GLS for parcel deliveries €5.50 ex vat for 30kg anywhere in the country, find them very reliable too. We used to use fastway but GLS came in at nearly half the price!

For pallets we use a company called prompto in Cork. We use them for collections and deliveries here and in the uk.

Rob

Before I comment let me state categorically that I do not work for Nightline and have no personal interest in them, I do however use them for 3rd party deliveries from my warehouse.

They are significantly cheaper than GLS.

DPD also are significantly cheaper than GLS.

I tender once a year and GLS have never got close to either.

Both of these companies can compete with primeline on pallet prices as well.

2c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Media can you pm the prices if you feel like doing so?

Thanks

:)

• Advertisement

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Media can you pm the prices if you feel like doing so?

Thanks

:)

You should call them, explain your requirements and expectations and they will give you a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭Homer

You should call them, explain your requirements and expectations and they will give you a price.

Absolutely. The price you get should be based on expected volume, destination (B2B vs B2C) and what you ship. Not on somebody else's scenario. +1 for Nightline in terms of their online system for everything from booking collections/reverse collections to track and trace and pod's and price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Transland group are great price for full pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

That of course is obvious lads but it is always good to see/have examples of where they are prepared to get to.

Advertisement