Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Laptop worth the Money

Options
  • 24-10-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have been in contact with a person about buying a secound hand laptop. I read around that it is much better to buy a recent second hand laptop as it is much cheaper (Kind of like buin a bmw second hand.)

Anyway he forwarded me the spec of it :

Hp pavilion dv4-1225dx (from america)

amd turion dual core x-72
    4GB Ram
    250GB Hard Drive
    ATI HD3200 graphics
    Wireless N Card

The reason i was buying it was also due to the fact he had some software pre installed on it, namely, office CAD and some finite element programs..

He was looking for 650 euro for it. Said it was in great condition, no marks on it.

Is this a good price for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

could get that laptop i posted earlier on donedeal

would wipe the a$$ off that, and its over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Computer Says No

Sorted by most expensive first, (Usually chancers trying to get lucky, hoping someone will buy it at that price)

It can be better to buy a 2nd hand laptop, but this one, seems to be seriously ripping you off..

And taking the Pi$$ a little..

For that money, looking at a 2nd hand one, Have a look in Adverts or on Deals, ebay, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

€650 for that pile of junk? You could do so much better. Even with a new laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chillberry1

cheers guys. i guess that lad must have been taking the Pi$$ as you put it.. he has drastically reduced the price to 500, but to me he/she sounds like a real dodgy bloke.

it probably has pirated software on it too... may just wait out untill the new zenbook!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cheers guys. i guess that lad must have been taking the Pi$$ as you put it.. he has drastically reduced the price to 500, but to me he/she sounds like a real dodgy bloke.

it probably has pirated software on it too... may just wait out untill the new zenbook!

Screw that. If the software is what makes you buy it, i'd want to see retail packages included.

But either way that laptop is a heap of junk. A 500 new laptop would murder it as far as performance goes. And i mean that in every possible way!

• Advertisement
Advertisement