Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom of the Opera for Grand Canal Theatre 2012

Options
  • 24-10-2011 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Grand Canal Theatre (@GCTheatreDublin) have just tweeted
    Phantom of the opera confirmed for next summer!!! Details to be announced soon

A lot of happy boardsies I expect :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

04 July - 04 August 2012...tickets available "soon" www.thephantomoftheoperatour.com

Of course it will by then be the Bord Gais Energy Theatre http://bit.ly/vEPkjI

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

As I said in the other thread about this, I cannot wait to see JOhn Owen-JOnes playing the phantom. Earl Carpenter is good, but I've seen him ebfore

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

tickets on sale next Friday (2nd December)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Oooh brilliant, I'll definitely be going to this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

This will be my first time in the Grand Canal Theatre, what will it be like for this show, venue-size wise. I saw Phantom at Her Majestys Theatre and it was one of the most memorable things I've experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Just happened to stumble on this thread. I am looking to get my wife tickets to see a musical, I think by your replys this would be a good option!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Yep. Best show ever with the best Phantom ever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

This will be my first time in the Grand Canal Theatre, what will it be like for this show, venue-size wise. I saw Phantom at Her Majestys Theatre and it was one of the most memorable things I've experienced.

Its the best venue in Dublin, good leg room and a great view no matter where you sit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

How many of you are going to the show?

Not me, have seen it twice already and have been disappointed with the quality of the touring productions in GCT so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm going. I think I'm going with my granny this time round. It's my fourth (or maybe fifth :eek:) time to see it. I'll be able to see what the theatre is like in April but I'm a little worried about it. Nothing can live up to Her Majestys Theatre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not me, have seen it twice already and have been disappointed with the quality of the touring productions in GCT so far.

Hi was thinking of going to see the phantom of the opera but im worried now will it be any good. What touring productions have you seen in GCT so far? I've seen Grease and I wasn't very impressed. I thought the people who played Sandy and Danny were brilliant singers but the others were very over the top and very hammy actors. I was actually kind of disappointed because it was my second time seeing Grease and I loved it the first time.
    I've never seen the phantom before. Maybe ill just wait to read the reviews when it comes and hopefully there will be some tickets left.

With the exception of Hairspray, I have found most of the touring productions of a much poorer standard than in the West End especially Sister Act which was brilliant in the West End but changed around so much for the tour that I was quite disappointed with it.
    Most touring productions are scaled down anyway especially the sets.
    The Phantom tour is a brand new version of the show so it will be very different to the original that's on in Her Majesty's.

Won tickets on FB so I guess I am going after all :D

Lucky you! :D Tonight's the official opening night of the Phantom tour in Plymouth. It's been in previews for the past 2 weeks to generally good reviews from people who've seen it. Tonight the critics get to sink their teeth into it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FirePoi

I can't wait to see Phantom! I haven't my tickets yet but I'm looking so forward to it!
    d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    With the exception of Hairspray, I have found most of the touring productions of a much poorer standard than in the West End especially Sister Act which was brilliant in the West End but changed around so much for the tour that I was quite disappointed with it.
    Most touring productions are scaled down anyway especially the sets.
    The Phantom tour is a brand new version of the show so it will be very different to the original that's on in Her Majesty's.

I actually loved Sister Act in the GCT I brought my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed it!

Did you see the West End version though? The touring version is good but the West End version was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FirePoi

THe only show I've seen on West End was Wicked!

• Advertisement
Advertisement