Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing your Boards.ie Account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sorry your leaving Boards Ruu :( You might Ru the day that ...

Ah no... it's not time for silly puns .All the best for the future .

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Dropping like flies :(

Ruu was one of my favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

-Chris- wrote: »
    Jesus, this new feature is really backfiring imho!

It's not a new feature. Closing accounts has been around for a few years now. Ruu wanted a clean break, he would have just not signed into his account and been like the many other accounts left dormant until the end of time. The end result would have been the same, Boards.ie would have lost a great member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Jesus Christ, not Ruu too :(

Farewell Ruu, and keep well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I hate this thread. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ruu is brilliant. Hope he returns someday soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sayonara kemosabe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Oh you have to be fcuking kidding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jesus Christ! There'll be nobody left in a few more pages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

phasers wrote: »
    Jesus Christ!

He wishes he was Ruu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

So long, Ruu, you'll be missed. Excellent poster who made a strong impression on me when I first joined the site.

And I see OutlawPete closed his account as well. Who's going to keep his Classic Movies @ Cinema thread updated now? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I will miss Pete,his posts are some of the funniest I have read on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

hondasam wrote: »
    I will miss Pete,his posts are some of the funniest I have read on boards.

+1. He was a very fair poster, an all round nice guy that stuck up for what he believed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

TheZohan wrote: »
    +1. He was a very fair poster, an all round nice guy that stuck up for what he believed in.

Yes he did, he gave me some words of encouragement on more than one occasion, seen what others choose to ignore. :)
    Hope he is happy what ever he decides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

:(

Aw, deserves its only thread really

Best of luck in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

They haven't really gone.

Just started or will do....new accounts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Callipo wrote: »
    They haven't really gone.

Just started or will do....new accounts.

Like you did.

Sad to see the rash of closed accounts lately. But isn't it always the way? Many more regular posters move on from time to time... Many have been thinking about it for a while... The "closed account" tag makes everything seem more final but other than that little has changed. Many more posters will leave too. Boards has a short memory. It's a blessing and a curse.

Like you did.

Sad to see the rash of closed accounts lately. But isn't it always the way? Many more regular posters move on from time to time... Many have been thinking about it for a while... The "closed account" tag makes everything seem more final but other than that little has changed. Many more posters will leave too. Boards has a short memory. It's a blessing and a curse.

Very much so.

There is nothing to see really, bar show boating.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,168 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Callipo wrote: »
    Very much so.

There is nothing to see really, bar show boating.
    I see you've accepted the Terms and Conditions then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

This may have been covered earlier in the thread but I am short on time, if you close your account, can you rejoin with a new username at a later date?

As I know other forums are more stricter with this policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

angel01 wrote: »
    This may have been covered earlier in the thread but I am short on time, if you close your account, can you rejoin with a new username at a later date?
    Yes.

Except if your original account was banned. If your original account was banned from a particular forum, then closing the account and signing up again and posting in that forum will get you sitebanned.

If you're sitebanned you're not supposed to rejoin, but if you rejoin and keep your head down, nobody will be actively seeking to ban you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

So I could close my account and come back as sstovelidd.

And get to see who cries when I go.

Like those teenage fantasies of watching your own funeral and all your exes crying their eyes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

stovelid wrote: »
    So I could close my account and come back as sstovelidd.

And get to see who cries when I go.

Like those teenage fantasies of watching your own funeral and all your exes crying their eyes out.

What happens if nobody cries though?

How bad you would feel... :pac:

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    What happens if nobody cries though?

How bad you would feel... :pac:

I'd tell myself they were crying inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

stovelid wrote: »

Jesus...

My teenage fantasies just tended to involve Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera and a swimming pool full of jelly.

strobe wrote: »
    Jesus...

My teenage fantasies just tended to involve Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera and a swimming pool full of jelly.

I place the blame squarely for mine at the door of The Smiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,168 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seamus wrote: »
    Yes.

Except if your original account was banned. If your original account was banned from a particular forum, then closing the account and signing up again and posting in that forum will get you sitebanned.

If you're sitebanned you're not supposed to rejoin, but if you rejoin and keep your head down, nobody will be actively seeking to ban you again.
    I can see this getting open to abuse. In Politics for example, losing an argument? Having a temper tantrum? Losing face? No problem! Just scrub your account and come up with a new name, only a couple people might notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

This thread is like a horror film that ran ridiculously over budget and had to kill off some of the main characters half way through :(

Overheal wrote: »
    I see you've accepted the Terms and Conditions then?

Now that is "random"

I fear to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Overheal wrote: »
    I can see this getting open to abuse. In Politics for example, losing an argument? Having a temper tantrum? Losing face? No problem! Just scrub your account and come up with a new name, only a couple people might notice.

Where's the abuse in that?

For me arguments/debates should be about the ideas involved not the personalities arguing. So what if NewReg2011 was previously 10,000PostsMan? Either their points are valid or they're not, surely?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement