Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is everyone's plan for Friday

Options
  • 24-10-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what your plans are?

I am hoping to finish work at 1 (will be tough) and then will go to the shop and get a kilo of jellies and be home for 2 where I have free-time for a day or so cos I wont have my 2 kids.

Will go on, mouth full of jellies, and crank up a Rush game on a random map (PS3 player here)

YES!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Lie in bed on friday morning until Nightline knock on the door with my copy from Gamestop.

It's a good life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hope to be playing by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Belay that hope solider, it doesn't work.

A few of us getting together to LAN on release night. Should be great craic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With for about 5 weeks before i can upgrade my pc :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Pick up game from bundle of morning mail, put to one side as continue to bake cake and other treats for friends birthday party on Saturday.

Probably wont get to play till Monday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lucutus wrote: »
    Belay that hope solider, it doesn't work.

Why not????

Id hazard a guess and say that it will work for SP but as for MP........im not too sure

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hosting 3 LAN events in Athlone. Should be fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Take day off as going to drogs friday night and want to play during the day, should be on for some drunken playing around 11pm

If my new graphics card has already arrived then I don't need to worry about that. Otherwise, I will come be home around 6:30. I'll play with my Son until he goes to bed at 8:00, then an hour or two quality time with the wife until she goes to bed around 10:00.

Then I'm taking my 42" TV upstairs - plugging it into my new card, putting on my sennheiser full surround headphones - setting up my mini fridge with 2L of Coke and playing Battlefield until around 4:00. Kiddo will be up around 7:00 so will have to get at least 3 hours sleep.

BRING IT.

• Advertisement

Why not????

Id hazard a guess and say that it will work for SP but as for MP........im not too sure

Oh, nevermind, I've been informed since that I 'jumped the gun'... wouldn't be the first time :)

Will try it again this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

If my new graphics card has already arrived then I don't need to worry about that. Otherwise, I will come be home around 6:30. I'll play with my Son until he goes to bed at 8:00, then an hour or two quality time with the wife until she goes to bed around 10:00.

Then I'm taking my 42" TV upstairs - plugging it into my new card, putting on my sennheiser full surround headphones - setting up my mini fridge with 2L of Coke and playing Battlefield until around 4:00. Kiddo will be up around 7:00 so will have to get at least 3 hours sleep.

BRING IT.

You sir are a hero!!! You have it all planned out and I must say when I have kids I will always remember this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

battser wrote: »
    You sir are a hero!!! You have it all planned out and I must say when I have kids I will always remember this plan.

When you have kids put your PC beside the tv, fcuk that carrying the tv about lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I opted not buy my copy in Gamestop because they are robbers and they are the only ones doing a midnight launch near me.

So I will be heading to Smyths at 10am to get my pre-ordered copy then home for a full day of multi player and more than likely into the early hours of Saturday morning.

I wont play single player for a few weeks. I usually leave that for anytime my internet is not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Normal Thursday morning:

1. Go to shcool at 9:10
    2. Go home at 3:40 and go to bed at around 19:00
    3. Wake up at 23:00-23:15.
    4. Get a massive take-away.
    5. Collect the game at GameStop and go home.
    6. Move the PS3 into my father's room where the 42" Panasonic TV is and insert the disc into the PS3..... and destroy my life.

Friday moring:

1. and only 1. Not going to school!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Normal Thursday morning:

1. Go to shcool at 9:10
    2. Go home at 3:40 and go to bed at around 19:00
    3. Wake up at 23:00-23:15.
    4. Get a massive take-away.
    5. Collect the game at GameStop and go home.
    6. Move the PS3 into my father's room where the 42" Panasonic TV is and insert the disc into the PS3..... and destroy my life.

Friday moring:

1. and only 1. Not going to school!!! :D:D:D

Same :D Then mid term!!! Whole week off school :DD

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

playing it all morning.
    Im in the USA atm for 3 months and its nice, the Game too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone able to rebind the spot/communication key?
    Nomatter what i bind it to Q will always activate the spot/comms thingy.
    I want to bind Q to sprint but its not having any of it.

Dazza wrote: »
    Same :D Then mid term!!! Whole week off school :DD

Even though I'm in Junior Cert... it's a special occasion! ;)
    Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone able to rebind the spot/communication key?
    Nomatter what i bind it to Q will always activate the spot/comms thingy.
    I want to bind Q to sprint but its not having any of it.

When you want the 'Q' button to be used as sprint, you may have to press the Save button (Unless it Auto-Saves) or a button for the spot/comms so that you'll be able to use that.

Not 100% sure, just a guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Step 1. Ring manager and see what shift I'm on for the weekend.
    Step 2. Stock up on essential survival items.
    Step 3. Go to gamestop in Blanch around 10:30 to pay off the price of the game.
    Step 4. Go back around 12ish and collect said game.
    Step 5. Depending on shift, ethier play to early hours of morning, or wait till after work.

ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

1. Finish work at 5:00pm.
    2. Collect nephew from the sisters as he is staying for a sleepover with our own 2, I made the mistake of promising to bring them to Dublin Zoo on Saturday (please let the floods come back).
    3. Start the install and do updates (PC) at around 7pm.
    4. Get them all to bed for 9pm.
    5. Stay up until 2/3am before falling into a squad based dreamworld of blood and mayhem.......

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I won tickets to the launch event in Dublin on Friday but I've work until 5:30 with no days off left to take and not paid until Friday of next week. I have BF3 pre-ordered and paid for so I could collect after work and play until the late hours or I could come up with some lame excuse to get off work early and bum a lift to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Anyone you can unlock this, do it straight away, what a great game, don't put it off till Friday. Don't blame me if any bans are handed out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

What will be the first level and mode you will try?

I am thinking of going to Caspian Border and Rush. Going to be strange having no idea of the map layout and getting murdered until I get used to it and kick ass!

Food wise going to spend around €10 on jellies and devour them over the next 10 hrs from 5pm on!!!!

mozattack wrote: »
    What will be the first level and mode you will try?

I am thinking of going to Caspian Border and Rush. Going to be strange having no idea of the map layout and getting murdered until I get used to it and kick ass!

Food wise going to spend around €10 on jellies and devour them over the next 10 hrs from 5pm on!!!!

The first level that I would like to try is Wake Island. It was one of my favourites and I will love it once I play it on BATTLEFIELD 3.

Food wise as well, going to spend over €10 on a take-away and that will have to do me for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Go to Game and pick up the game,
    Drop game by Ps3 at home,
    Go to school,
    Come home,
    Play for about an hour or two,
    Go to an 18th, (alcohol to be consumed)
    Come home to play more until early day break.
    Go to bed for an hour,
    wake up and go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

The first level that I would like to try is Wake Island. It was one of my favourites and I will love it once I play it on BATTLEFIELD 3.

Food wise as well, going to spend over €10 on a take-away and that will have to do me for a long time.

Wake Island is not part of the release day content. I'm afraid you're going to have to wait another month to get Wake Island. It's a part of a DLC coming out in a month or two; you won't be able to play it on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

DoBhrionn wrote: »
    Go to Game and pick up the game,
    Drop game by Ps3 at home,
    Go to school,
    Come home,
    Play for about an hour or two,
    Go to an 18th, (alcohol to be consumed)
    Come home to play more until early day break.
    Go to bed for an hour,
    wake up and go to work.

Think someone did that at Chernobyl too.

omerin wrote: »
    Anyone you can unlock this, do it straight away, what a great game, don't put it off till Friday. Don't blame me if any bans are handed out ;)

There are 20 - 30+ EU servers up and they are all full. If they hand out bans they will be handing out a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

1 - Check and see if the game has arrived.
    2 - If the game hasn't arrived then you wouldn't be too fascinated by what follows that.

Advertisement