Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare two kids

Options
  • 24-10-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi I have a son who will be going to school next year and a daughter who will be 1.5 Any idea how much it would cost to have a childminder come to my house to mind my daughter from 8-5 and pick up my son at 130pm also and mind him for the afternoon ? He would also need to be cared for fulltime when there were school holidays. I work fulltime with probably no possibility of moving to parttime when he starts school. What is the going rate in d15? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If they are coming to your house then you need ot register as an employer and pay their prsi and minimum wage applies.
    After that it depends on how much above minimum wage that they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Guerngirl

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If they are coming to your house then you need ot register as an employer and pay their prsi and minimum wage applies.
    After that it depends on how much above minimum wage that they want.
    Hi thanks for that. If I used a childminder in their own home can I avoid being an employer? What rate would that be approx do u think ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it is in their own home then it is different.
    They can earn 15k a year tax free from it and I reckon about 50-60 euro a day but that depends on the childminder.
    Qualified,registered insured childminders tend to charge more.

Advertisement